Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-20, 12:17 PM  
Jules

Hiya! Quick fly-by. I just did Party Rockin' Step 2 and it felt pretty easy today. Yesterday I did STS M2/W4 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + core work from Muscle Max. I am definitely ready to skip Meso 3 and move on from STS. I want to start doing more endurance training again.

Happy Wednesday!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 12:48 PM  
Jules

Finally Friday! I did a 1 hour Power Cycle spin today with Brooke from Studio Sweat. I have been fighting off a cold the past couple of days so hopefully I did not overdo it. I feel great at the moment.

Yesterday, I did STS M2/W4 Legs. It didn't feel super tough at the time, but I have some solid glute DOMS today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-25-20, 05:29 PM  
Jules

I had to get up at 7 this morning and bring my daughter to a 2 hour basketball practice at school. I brought along my workout gear and iPad and did 80 minutes of BodyCombat and 30 minutes of yin yoga. The school has 2 gyms, and I had the old gym to myself! It was pretty fun to work out in a different environment.

I brought along my husband's bluetooth speaker and it worked awesome until the battery died halfway thru my workout. I will remember to charge it first if I ever attempt to work out at school again.

I still have the final STS Back & Biceps workout left for Meso 2. I will see how I feel tomorrow - I worked back pretty hard today. I might just move on if I'm not into it.

Hope you gals are having a good weekend.
Old 01-27-20, 05:59 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls! I'm finally back from FL. It was somewhat hectic, lots of caregiving and no time to check in. But I did do some workouts early in the morning. Me time.

Jules: Lots of good workouts for you again. I love your long workout from Saturday! Did you watch the Pro Bowl? The new rules were very interesting. No tackles.

So quick backtrack:
Mon: No workouts except for LOTS of walking through the airport. Sunday too. I missed my connecting flight Sun evening and no more flights until Mon morning. At least I got to stay in a really nice fancy hotel for free. I tried not to freak out!

Tues: Cathe Travel Fit
Wed: Level Up 108 Balance
Thurs: Tony Horton Free Workout (from YouTube)
Fri: LMOD Body Combat 74

So although not super challenging, good enough workouts to keep me moving, raise a sweat and HR. I did not have a lot of room so these worked ok.
Glad I brought two bands for Travel Fit because one broke.

Today back to my friend Sagi and Body Beast. I did Bulk Arms + Bulk Shoulders. Both just over half an hour so fit perfectly. According to my log, it looks like I do these two workouts together often and they really are good together and give me a full hour workout.

So, back home, back to work, back to my regular routine and workouts.

FYI: My Dad is doing well. Better than I expected. A big relief but I already miss my folks.

Happy new week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 07:15 PM  
Jules

Welcome back, Kate! I am so glad to hear your dad is recovering well. That's great news! I am sure it made it a bit easier to leave your folks and head back home.

You got some excellent workouts in too. I love Cathe's Travel Fit - something about the band work in that one is really fun for me.

I was cleaning the house while the Pro Bowl was on, and they kept talking about Kobe Bryant so I wasn't really paying close attention to the game.

Nice job Beasting it out today! Bet you will feel that tomorrow!

Today I did Cathe's Intensity + abs from High Reps. I have to sub tomorrow morning, so I don't know what I will feel like doing after school. Maybe some Ultimate Yogi? (I have not tried his new stuff just yet.)
Old 01-28-20, 12:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yup back to the routine. I'm relieved the worst has passed for my Dad. At 93, having two heart attacks and not die was miraculous. And he's a tough ol' guy.

Yes I'm feeling my whole upper body from Beast yesterday. Not killer DOMS but I can tell I lifted heavy.

Today I did Cathe's Butts & Guts!! YES!!! I haven't done this one since 2014. I've traded it, gotten it back etc. Keeping it! What a wicked good leg/butt workout. And of course the abs! It's long but one FUN workout! I did the whole thing but there are bonus chapters too that I'd like to try. Good stuff! Aching butt!

So I'll close out this week with one more Beast workout, some cardio and a Group Rx workout.
Going into Feb, I'm torn. I'd like to finish the rest of 6 Weeks of the Work but I also have several untried workouts that I want to do also.

What to do? What to do?
Any thoughts?

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-29-20, 11:03 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Did a wee flip-flop of my workouts today. I did Les Mills Body Step 46. Quite old, with Mark, Lisa and Joanie (I think that was her name). Good very basic moves with the older format. It was fun and I got the cardio bump I was looking for today.
A little harder because my legs were sore from Butts & Guts yesterday but once I warmed up it wasn't so bad.

So I'll do my planned Sagi workout tomorrow instead. I'm actually still feeling some soreness in my bis and tris from Monday.

Still contemplating a Feb rotation. I have some older untried Cathe's that I'd like to do. Streaming, dvds...aggghhhhh! So many choices! Ha.

Happy Wednesday!

Old 01-29-20, 12:17 PM  
Jules

Mid-week Madness! Just did a brutal hour of Studio Sweat: Cardio Circuit Cycling with Rebecca. I did BodyPump 108 last night and my legs are a little tired today. I will try to get in some yoga after school.

Kate - Butts & Guts is killer! I love the bonus ab work with the stability ball. The other bonuses are pretty short. I would say maybe just do a generic rotation and fill in the blanks with whatever you feel like doing each day? That is my plan for the next few weeks.

Keep on keeping' on!
Old 01-31-20, 12:17 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!
Jules, I thought I replied to your Wed post but guess not.
Yes I think I'm just going to mix and match workouts. Whatever I feel like. I have SOOOOO many untried DVDs that are burning a hole in my pocket. I was gifted a bunch of older Cathe workouts and I'm excited to go through some of them. Some I've tried in the past, some are brand new to me. So that will be part of my rotation.

I also have several untried Michelle Dozois from my past purchases. So some of them.
And of course as LMOD puts up new streaming workouts, I'll probably try those. I am eyeing up some of their new Combo workouts. ;-)

SO many workouts, so little time. I swear I could workout all day long! LOL

Yesterday I closed out my Sagi workouts with Body Beast Bulk Chest + Bulk Back. Both half hour workouts and perfect to put together. Love these workouts for heavy lifting and Sagi blows my mind seeing how heavy he lifts! I don't even own dumbells over 30lbs (yet). I do use my 35 and 45 lb kettlebells sometimes but often think of getting some 35lb dumbells. And still want 12s.
Anyway....happy to move on.

Today I was going to do another strength workout but felt more like cardio so popped in one of my new Cathe's - Cardio Kicks. I remember having this one AGES ago but really didn't remember much about it except for the two guys in the background. I think one was a very young Al?
Fun workout and gave me the "cardio kick" I was looking for. Great punching and kicking combos and a bit of impact but nothing killer.
One great thing about Cathe is that she continually puts out great workouts. Not many of them I don't like!

I also preordered her Perfect 30 series. I'll just put two together anyway. Love the sound of "advanced" workouts.

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up! I don't really have a favorite team but it would be cool if Kansas City won since they haven't won a Super Bowl in 50 years.

TGIF!!

Old 01-31-20, 10:46 PM  
Jules

TGIF! Today I did about 75 minutes of BodyCombat. I started with #64 and then added a couple tracks from 55 and 58.

I have some ear pain and itchiness going on in both ears - probably fighting off a little virus. Hopefully it goes away fast! My supervisor had to be driven home from work by the school principal the other day. She was vomiting, had her head on her desk and was delirious. They suspect influenza. Thank goodness I got vaccinated! Our work area was cleaned up with very strong cleaning agents.

Kate-Do you have adjustable DB's? That's what I use for anything over 20 pounders b/c the heavier DB's are so expensive. But yes, you should totally treat yourself to the 12 pounders. I have already used mine a lot!

Cardio Kicks! I used to do that one every week when it first came out. It is more cardio than kickbox, but tons of fun. I ordered Perfect 30 too. I hope it is truly advanced.

Go KC!