Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-18, 07:58 AM  
desie

Linda of Barlates has filmed a tonique-style series

I noticed Linda Wooldridge has a new series on you-tube called Endurance 90, and the moves remind me a great deal of Tonique. I might try them. She presents the moves more slowly, I think, with fewer reps. If you are looking for them, there are 4 workouts so far, and they all start with the title INTERVAL WORKOUT.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGm...mfF95PA/videos
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 08:00 AM  
bubbles76

Now that is interesting. Are they free? Can't check the link at work.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 08:08 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Now that is interesting. Are they free? Can't check the link at work.
The Endurance 90 workouts are free. For the past month Linda has been doing a tour and mini reviews of the Tonique workouts on her Facebook page. She told me that the Endurance series was inspired by the Tonique style. I have done the Endurance 90 workouts and I like them.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 08:45 AM  
wendug

Thank you for posting this! I haven't kept up with Linda's releases. I might have to give one of these a try this weekend!
Old 05-17-18, 10:26 AM  
cherimac

I follow Linda on Instagram and know she does a lot of Tonique workouts personally so I think that's why she's filmed some of those.
Old 05-17-18, 10:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks - i see she offers these on DVD too. awesome. thanks!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 12:40 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I've done all of these except the newest Cardio Sculpt one. I liked all of them. I can't do a full Handstand but followed one of her modifications. 90 seconds of those is tiring. I loved, absolutely loved the lower body one, it's called Butt and Thigh Endurance 90 on YouTube. Sometimes Tonique is too long or repeats the move so many times it's a bit beyond my ability at the moment. I thought Linda's workouts were a nice bridge that I'm hoping will get me all the way to Tonique. They're all in they 40 minute range, and she repeats each move for 90 seconds, thus the title Endurance 90. These are pleasantly tough, at least I thought so.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 04:07 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I loved, absolutely loved the lower body one, it's called Butt and Thigh Endurance 90 on YouTube. Sometimes Tonique is too long or repeats the move so many times it's a bit beyond my ability at the moment. I thought Linda's workouts were a nice bridge that I'm hoping will get me all the way to Tonique. They're all in they 40 minute range, and she repeats each move for 90 seconds, thus the title Endurance 90. These are pleasantly tough, at least I thought so.
This is exactly why I want to try these. Tonique is a bit difficult for me, so maybe if I do these I can work my way up to Tonique.
Old 05-17-18, 05:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

are the prices on her website in AU$?

also, are her website prices comparable to what you would pay on her ebay page?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 06:21 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
are the prices on her website in AU$?

also, are her website prices comparable to what you would pay on her ebay page?
Yes, her website is all AU so it's less in US dollars. So for the Endurance series on her site it shows it at 12.50, but that is only 9.60 US approx depending on the exchange rate for the day. I always just buy from her not EBay. If you wait a bit, she'll have a buy one get one sale. I just buy from her that way. Her shipping is really reasonable too considering it's international. I also believe that Mary at Total Fitness is her US distributor. So if you buy from Linda you may have it shipped from Mary which is cheap and quick. That's how my last orde from her arrived anyway and Linda referred to it as coming from her US distributor.

Just an FYI, her new Mix and Match Abs, Arms and Lower series, I believe, is going to become a box set. Those aren't YouTube workouts and I'm not sure if they relate to Endurance 90 at all. I love Barlates so I tend to buy all her non-youtube workouts but get frustrated when they end up in a box set because those are cheaper than individual series. However Linda will swap out series in her box sets if you already have one with a different series for the same price. She is just such a fantastic person to deal with and her workouts are so flexible I love supporting her. Everyday on Linda's website she posts her workout for the day. She is currently doing two Toniques a day. Super impressive.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates endurance, endurance 100, linda wooldridge, tonique