Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-10, 04:06 PM  
mj476

Best Barre Workouts for Inner Thighs

I'm really trying to make it a goal to reduce my inner thighs (an ongoing goal but I'm really determined now).

I have almost all the barre workouts except downloadable ones (e.g., Ballet Body and iballets). I also have Toniques and BBL. I saw reviews that said Karen Voight's Total Body Training is brutal for the inner thighs. Any other suggestions (but no workouts that need ankle weights - they don't seem to solve my problem). Core Fusion workouts have helped some but not enough.

I'm mainly looking for barre workouts but will take other suggestions (non-barre).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Marcy
Old 12-20-10, 05:22 PM  
Inchworm

I find the original squeeze has amazing work that hits butt and inner thighs at same time, especially the windshield washer bridge work in power squeeze and her fold over leg work from custom menu, ouchy!

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 05:27 PM  
goldillocks

Pure Barre Original fries my thighs every time !
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 05:35 PM  
bettyboopboop

One of the firm yaya ladies said that P57 made a huge difference for her inner thighs. I haven't been doing them long enough to have much to say about that. One of my favorite exercises for the inner thighs is to do back dancing with my thighs/knees/ankles together and feet against the wall. Ooooh it burns!

I hope other people have more suggestions. I'm really interested in this!
Old 12-20-10, 05:40 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Remember that spot reduction is a myth. You have to reduce overall body fat. You can work your inner thighs 'til they turn blue, but you won't reduce the fat there without some overall fat reduction. You can tone up the muscles in the area through exercise. That will tighten up the area, but not reduce the fat.
Old 12-20-10, 05:47 PM  
mj476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Remember that spot reduction is a myth. You have to reduce overall body fat. You can work your inner thighs 'til they turn blue, but you won't reduce the fat there without some overall fat reduction. You can tone up the muscles in the area through exercise. That will tighten up the area, but not reduce the fat.
Yes, I do realize that but I find even when eating the same, certain workouts help more than others. I'd also rather have the area tighter than looser. I am pretty muscular but inner thighs have always been my biggest trouble spot besides my belly which has a strong core underneath but with a little extra padding.

Thanks for all your suggestions thus far. Please keep them coming!

Marcy
Old 12-20-10, 06:15 PM  
tessa

I think Bar Method Accelerated workout works the inner thighs by pulling your knees back when in the plie section and the leg lifts with a turnout of the foot. Also Essentrics (classical stretch with Sarha Esmonde) focuses on the inner thighs during the mat work. Callanetics of course has the inner thigh squeeze,
tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 06:51 PM  
rriggs

I just started using Exhale: Core Fusions Body Sculpt and the thigh segment kills my thighs and legs.
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 07:00 PM  
daisysunshine

Ballleeetttt Boooooddddddyyyy.
or Bernadette Giorgi's Attitude and Pilates Circle Challenge.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 07:11 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Any barre workout that calls for you to squeeze a playground ball between your legs is killer for the inner thighs. The P57's utilize the ball a lot.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, inner thighs