Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-02-21, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 3/2 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 4) TUE
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) TUE
10 minutes (from bike trainer 30) TUE barely made it the 10 min, no way I was ready for 30!
13 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 2) TUE 1st time
21 minutes (from 2.3 miles for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 13) TUE
11 minutes (from Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates -Belly) TUE
20 minutes (from J. Miller Post-Athletic Stretches -Cycling)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 11:57 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Finally got my goals up. I'm letting go of reducing my youtube exercise playlist for now. I did reduce a little and don't seem to be adding to it so that's good. I also added a gratitude journal which I just keep track of on my desk diary. I write 5 things daily-just one word-of things I am grateful for. I did this years ago after my dad had passed away and it helped keep me centered through the process. I feel a need to do this again as the past year has been chaotic on multiple levels.

Our March weather has been amazing so far! Songbirds are back and I love hearing them. Belle, Scout and I are walking once or twice daily so far. It is definitely helping Scout with excess puppy energy and he's listening pretty well.

MT, glad you made your February goals too. I was surprised I made mine as well.

Laura, glad you are doing so much better and keeping busy with decluttering. Always a good feeling to get things cleaned out or organized.

Sherry, I sure wish I had a "go to" like Jessica like you do. I'm all over the map it seems.

Vannie, thanks for starting us out for March and being our fearless leader!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 04:57 PM  
Leonana

Monday was Justina Ercole's new you tube barre workout. It moved fast, I was breathing hard! Yesterday was a four mile bike ride. I haven't done today's workout, some sort of strength.

Vannie, great job on the workouts.

Katie, a gratitude journal sounds wonderful. I think I've figured out why I rarely stray from Jessica. I have such a hard time following instructors! She moves slower between moves, so I can keep up, plus I'm familiar with them. I did find a dvd from Goodwill I'm going to keep. It moves really slow! Tantric Toning Workout with Stephanie de Phillipo. I think it's from 1998.
Old 03-04-21, 08:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have been reading the book Elastic Habits by Stephen Guise. I'm now going through the application section and laying out how I want to apply the principles to my own three primary goals. I'm hoping to turn all this into a trackable system. And since I'm doing it in my planner, that is helping me meet that daily goal for now.

Katie - Being all over the map can be a strategy. I did that for years and called it "doing what I feel like for the day". A gratitude journal can really help with positive perspective. Last year, I listed 3 things I was grateful for every day in one of my journals, but got away from it. Thanks for the reminder.

Vannie - Getting what you dread done early is an effective strategy. Hope it continues to work for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:44 PM  
Leonana

Well, I bought Jessica's new Lift and Shift. I did half of the first workout, it's 50 minutes. It's tough, but I really like it.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the workouts every day, I might have to do every other day. It depends on my endurance.
Old 03-06-21, 01:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 3/4 199 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 5) WED
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED
32 minutes (from 2.4 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day1/Ambient Osaka Cherry Blossoms walk 2/ TWINS!!!) WED
14 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 3) THU 1st time
28 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 10) MON 28
9 minutes (from Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates -Butt) WED
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
76 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.92 mi)

Fri 3/5 131 minutes
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 6) THU
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) THU
12 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 4) FRI 1st time
11 minutes (from bike trainer 30) THU made myself go one minute longer than last time!
30 minutes (from L. Sansone Walk off Fat Fast Fat Burning Walks -30 Minute Big Burn) needed more calorie burn!
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

I think the wheel value is still wrong on my bike computer. It said I barely rode faster than I run, which is not very fast! I made myself ride for a minute longer than last time. My quads were still on fire but at least I was steady getting off it this time. I almost fell when I got off on jelly legs the other day! I need to have hubby look at the bike again this wknd bc the brake pads are still touching the wheel and I don't think the chain is on right. If I shift on the right side it seems fine but shifting on the left doesn't seem right.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-06-21, 05:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I went for a walk in the neighborhood with DH. And I started moving stuff back into my craft room in an organized fashion. It has been a busy day, so it was good to fit those things into the day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 07:45 PM  
Leonana

I did the second workout, Fine Toning, for Jessica’s Lift and Shift. It felt good after the tougher workout yesterday. I’m really happy with this so far.
Old 03-08-21, 06:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Fighting a migraine all day. No workouts, just calm quiet stuff like laundry, dishes & baking cookies. Hope to be back at it tmrw.

Saturday I did the next day of Qi Gong, Caroline's HHT exercises, wk4 day2 of the 10k trainer, a segment from Pick Your Spot Pilates and Yoga for Runners post-run practice. I think that's all. I had planned to do the next day of the Crossrope challenge but I just felt tired. Yesterday I was a slug like Cheryl except I didn't even fix supper, I ran to DQ for snickerdoodle blizzards! I am curious if the sugar and lactose overload may have contributed to the migraine but really don't know. It's not like I don't have sugar binges even though they're less often than before.

Old 03-10-21, 05:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Whose brilliant idea was this RBR tri anyway??!!? Argh, the bike!! Hubby got it fixed so the brake pads aren't rubbing anymore but didn't know anything about chains. Today it seemed to shift okay even though I still don't really know what I'm doing. I was trying to get my brother's thoughts on the wheel value and bike computer but he said I should take it to the bike shop and ask them. Grr. I set it at what I interpreted as correct and the numbers looked a little better today but I still only lasted 10 minutes and it said less than 2 mi. I was irritable and think I am trying to do too much in a day. I was constantly tripping over my jump rope today and both of my Polar chest straps kept dropping my HR to 0 and not coming back unless I stopped the recording. I handwash them after every wear bc they really don't work if I don't. Just a frustrating day all around after a fantastic day yesterday.

Tue 3/9 197 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 8) MON
17 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 5) MON 1st time
10 minutes (from 10MS Pilates -Pilates for Abs) MON
10 minutes (from Mobility Flows Pre-Workout 10 Min Foam Roll, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) MON
32 minutes (from 2.67 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day3/Twins) MON outside!!
31 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 22, YT) MON 1st time
77 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.64 mi)

Wed 3/10 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 9) TUE
17 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 6) TUE 1st time
10 minutes (from 10MS Pilates -Pilates for Buns & Thighs) TUE
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Hot Hips Workout for Hip Strength & Stability, YT) TUE 1st time
33 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 11/VA Alberta Badlands Bike) SAT 33 1st time
10 minutes (from 1.615 mi on bike trainer 30/Ambient Through the Rainforest -Jungle Walk/Zombies Run S3M30 repeat) TUE still don't know if wheel value is right
10 minutes (from 1.1 miles for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember days 15 and 16/cont with Ambient & ZR from bike) TUE
12 minutes (from TurboFire Stretch 10)