Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-21, 08:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Pilates Sculpt – 30 minutes

I loved this workout! It’s my favorite so far. It was a bit like a fusion workout – the first 15 minutes or so is standing work with the ball and weights and then the remainder of the workout is on the floor. There isn’t much work on the hands, which is a plus for me, nor is there much traditional pilates work. There is a ton of work with light weights and the ball. Karen changes the moves up frequently – you rarely do a move for more than 45 seconds or so. There is very little down time.

I would love an entire set of workouts like this one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:58 PM  
bubbles76

I am loving all these reviews. Keep it coming! I just wish I knew how bright the set was. I know it was said that it wasn't bright white, but not too dark, but I'm still not getting the imagery . I liked Monique St. Pierre's Circuit Burnout 90 set, while didn't really like the Ript 90 Fit set.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I am loving all these reviews. Keep it coming! I just wish I knew how bright the set was. I know it was said that it wasn't bright white, but not too dark, but I'm still not getting the imagery . I liked Monique St. Pierre's Circuit Burnout 90 set, while didn't really like the Ript 90 Fit set.
The barre workouts and the first pilates workout along with one of the cardio workouts may have been filmed in a barre studio setup. It's very plain, but it's not dark. The remainder of the workouts (so far) look to have been filmed in a home. You can see the backyard - green grass, trees, with a lake in the distance. In the corner of the room is a weight rack with tons of weights on it - there's a TV mounted in the corner. This setting is light. The film quality is not like Jessica's set at her parents' home - it's not that good and you can't see the detail like you can see the pool at Jessica's.

These workouts don't have the filmed on a set feel to me. They feel like they were filmed in someone's home - maybe Karen's - and at a barre studio that she teaches at.

Carol
Old 03-06-21, 07:54 PM  
bubbles76

Thank you Carol! I've looked at Karen's site and if those are her sets I like them . Oh, decisions, decisions!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 08:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Thank you Carol! I've looked at Karen's site and if those are her sets I like them . Oh, decisions, decisions!
I looked through her YouTube channel and can't find the same set (either one of them) that is used on the DVDs anywhere. Frustrating!

Carol
Old 03-07-21, 10:38 AM  
pharma_gal

How much impact is in the cardio and cardio/strength workouts?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 11:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
How much impact is in the cardio and cardio/strength workouts?
Generally, there has been impact in the short cardio intervals of the various cardio and cardio/strength workouts. She always gives modifications - not always at the beginning of the move, but they are easy enough to modify. And the intervals are so short that I haven't felt like I was doing an entirely different workout from what she is doing like you can if you are just modifying the entire thing.

Carol
Old 03-07-21, 12:07 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Generally, there has been impact in the short cardio intervals of the various cardio and cardio/strength workouts. She always gives modifications - not always at the beginning of the move, but they are easy enough to modify. And the intervals are so short that I haven't felt like I was doing an entirely different workout from what she is doing like you can if you are just modifying the entire thing.

Carol
Thank you. That sounds good. I need to keep things low impact for a while atleast as I am having foot issues.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 08:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Core Burner - 30 minutes

Surprisingly, at least to me, I really liked this workout. I'm not a big fan of core work. I usually find it boring and hard, and although this workout was challenging for me and there is lots of room for growth, I didn't find it the least bit boring. It is a full 30 minutes of pilates-inspired core work, using light weights and the squishy ball. Karen keeps things moving - you don't spend too long on any one exercise. This workout was done completely on the mat. The setting was again the room looking out into the back (?) yard. Very light - it looks like a home. Another winner!

Carol
Old 03-19-21, 06:30 PM  
CharM

It's $42.46 (15% off) right now, expires in a little over 2 hours. I like what I've read of it, but I'm going to hold off since I'm keeping busy with other workouts.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
define and align, karen vizueta, xtfmax, xtrainfit