Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-21, 09:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, nice that you found something to get you moving today.

Sherry, I agree that Aprille is very calming!

cyana, I have a mini TENS-type machine that I got to review. I've never thought it did much, but I'm not sure if what I got was of good quality. I was actually thinking about trying it again for my nagging QL tightness, so maybe I will and give you a report. In NY, those who work in any type of health center (including support staff, etc.) are eligible in our 1B level; since I work in the Student Health & Counseling department at the college, that's why I'm eligible for the vaccine. I think NY has done okay with distribution, but you still have to do a lot of scrambling on your own to snag an appointment.

This morning I went to yoga class at the studio with my friend Carol teaching, which was nice. Afterward I went to the Dollar Tree and got some new bins and things. I came home and reorganized some of my bathroom stuff, so that felt like an accomplishment.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 10:10 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 1. Doing this workout reinforced my decision to skip on Jessica's new Lift & Shift. Total Body Training felt just right! What is working for me now are my regular long outdoor walks for cardio (usually in the morning), then short 30-minute weight-focused workouts in the early evening. No dread with this combo.

Local health officials are adding in public library staff to their priority group! My coworkers are very excited. My second Moderna shot is March 12. I'm so looking forward to having the vaccinations completed.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 12:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I walked 2 miles yesterday and I'll probably do the same today.

Sherry, I love the music in that walking workout too!

Cyana, I have never used a massage gun but I've seen a lot of advertisements for them on 3 different home shopping channels (QVC, HSN & ShopHQ).
I tried a TENS unit over a decade ago but it didn't help. Hopefully, they make them better now.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 12:39 PM  
cyana

Good Morning - I did a little shopping on line last night (referencing my previous post ). I bought a massage percussion gun and a hand-held massager, as well as a TENS/EMS unit. If I had some acupuncture needles, I could plug myself up like my acupuncturist would. For the record, I have NO plans to try that as a do-it-yourself project, although you can buy acupuncture needles on Amazon! You knew I just had to look. My massage implements are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

In other efforts to get myself back on a more consistent fitness footing after 18 solid months of working absolutely insane hours (and far too many hours for 5 years prior to that), I spoke with my boss last week to discuss the fact that a more equitable distribution of work has to happen (a recent report that I wasn't involved with clearly documented the lopsided work load) and he is committed to making that happen. As a news junkie, I decided last week would be a trial of a "news diet", and only allowed myself to look at The Guardian and a local newspaper. I went six days on my limited news regimen and found that I really didn't miss a thing, so I'm going to continue. I'll probably allow myself to have a news splurge on the week-end. Baby steps, but you have to start somewhere. Next up: figure out how to have more fun, as I'm running a serious deficit in that department, get outdoors more and to start shopping for a new pair of walking shoes.

Sandra - I really like the Total Body work-out from the original WS - just the right amount of time and variety. Overall, I've gotten the most use out of that set versus anything else I've purchased from Jessica. I'm glad library workers in your area have been given the opportunity to get the vaccine. Some of our libraries are opening up more, but my library is allegedly still under renovation. This could be the longest renovation project in the history of the world and there's no reason it should be taking so long. I miss my library! Cynical me wonders if the county used the pandemic closings to stop the work and shift that money to other things.

Beth - I cleaned out and reorganized my bathroom closet several months ago and have been so happy I invested the time into that project - hope you enjoy your results as much. Supposedly the TENS/EMS unit is professional quality - I guess I'll find out soon. Since I've never used one, I'm sure there will be a learning curve involved.

Paine - Hope you're having great weather for your walks this week-end. No bulk cooking for me today, but I need to whip up a batch of hummus.

I spoke with one of my market acquaintances yesterday who received her second Moderna shot 3 weeks ago and did well, aside from some mild symptoms. She's a science teacher, so I love having a nerd-out discussion with her, as she gets my obsession with having valid scientific data. She has family members in another state who are involved in the medical field, and apparently they are giving the J&J vaccine to college students. Sounds like they're light years ahead ahead of my state.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 05:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, good luck with your new torture devices!

Here was my week:

Monday
30MTF Kickbox - Workout #2
Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief - Awaken & Energize

Tuesday
Do You Yoga (YT) - Strong & Calm Together Challenge, Day 5, Kindness & Compassion
TAUGHT yoga at studio

Wednesday
Element Barre Conditioning - Burn & Firm
Get Ripped & Jacked - Abs
Livestream yoga class, Rest & Unwind

Thursday
Psyche Truth (YT) - Tank Top Arms in 12 Minutes (did about 7 mins)
Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - 60m Yin Yoga for When You are Exhausted

Friday
Heather Robertson (YT) - 15m HIIT Glutes, Hips, & Thighs
HDM (vimeo) - Method Workout #1
Shakti Yoga Warrior (online) - Lesson #4, Power Up
Brahmari Yoga (YT) - Evil Shoulder Openers 1, 2, & 3

Saturday
LIVE hatha yoga class at studio

Sunday
30MTF LIFT - Workout #1, Olympic Lifting
Live Zoom Bellyfit class for International Women's Day, Warrior Queen series.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-07-21, 06:37 PM  
cyana

Today:
3 hours of dirt therapy digging and pruning in the yard. I think I shall need my new torture devices tomorrow.

I was digging out weeds next to the sidewalk and saw something moving. I'd been seeing tons of earth worms and didn't initially think that much about it until I realized it definitely wasn't the right color and suddenly a little head popped up - it was a baby snake and I have no clue what kind it was (kind of cute, actually, seemed more curious than anything, although of wary of the giant). It looked at me as if to say "You know I'm NOT an earthworm, don't you?" I said "Buddy, I grew up in the country and I know what a snake looks like. You stay here and I'll move a couple of feet over and we can share the space." Never saw it again, but when I told DH (who was inside), he started looking up snake pictures as his first thought was "Where's it's mother?" Most snakes never meet their moms, so I don't think he has anything to worry about. We've lived in this house over 10 years and I've never seen a snake. We definitely have snakes in the area, fortunately most are non-venomous.

Beth - LOL at "Evil Shoulder Openers". Love that name.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 10:07 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did Add On Abs and Total Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

I also went out on a nice long 2-hour walk (the weather is just so perfect right now!). I recently read an article about the "original" Gidget, Kathy Kohner-Zuckerman. Her adventures surfing as a teen in Malibu inspired her father, who wrote the book on which the movies and TV show are based. Kohner-Zuckerman never exploited the connection, but she remained physically active throughout her life. Now in her 80s, the article mentioned how she takes daily 2-hour walks! So now I have a role model.

ETA: My local VF buddy told me over coffee this morning that she has purchased Jessica's Lift & Shift program! She plans to try to follow the 12-week program. Am looking forward to her impressions.

Cyana: Hope your new torture devices bring you some relief! And that your boss can do something about your crazy work schedule.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day!

DH and I got to the gym yesterday and I did the recumbent and weight machines. I have not yet completed the Qi Challenge. The teaser is that if you subscribe for one month you can keep the five routines, which are an hour long and you also get the edited 20- minute version. I don't know about the cost though - $39 smackeroos for a month. Lee has the live classes at 4:30 Pacific time which means I'll never practice live with him. But - I'm tempted. It offers more of a study of qigong than just doing 20 minute videos.

Sandra, woo hoo on a beautiful, long walk outdoors! I love that Gidget is a role model. I loved that show when I was little.

Cyana, my fingers are crossed for you. You've been trying to manage that workload for a long time. Have fun with your massage toys! Did you get the one that looks like a car buffer? I do have the Depression routine and love it. The setting on the pedestal bridge and the swans are

Beth, was Awaken & Energize from the Rodney Yee DVD? Nice balanced week for you.

Paine, nice to see you got out for along walk, too.

Good morning to Pam and everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:17 AM  
sherry7899

I forgot to check in yesterday . I did 30 minutes of an NIA dvd and a Sarabeth mellow yoga practice.

Today I did an NIA class for International Women's Day from the studio in Denver. It was really fun and uplifting. After that I did Yoga Upload hips and thighs opener.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, yes, that was the Rodney DVD - I hadn't done that one in awhile!

Sherry, so glad to hear that you are still connecting with Nia.

Have a good Monday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC