Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-21, 05:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have done Lee's new Balance video a few times and like it a lot. I like both the short and the longer version.
I just did his Better Balance workout yesterday and it surprised me. I thought I'd breeze right through it without a wobble, lol! It always amazes me how different my balance is from one leg to the next. And, I do much better after a night where I've rested well, which is rare.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:50 AM  
Negin

Quote:
I have done Lee's new Balance video a few times and like it a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I just did his Better Balance workout yesterday and it surprised me.
His balance video is on my list. Balance is an area which I always need to work on.
Old 03-05-21, 11:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Also, I'd just like to put in a vote for David-Dorian Ross!
It think he has a balance one as well. Do you have that one?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
It think he has a balance one as well. Do you have that one?
I do have David-Dorian's Tai Chi Fit Over 50 Balance Exercises DVD. I can't remember how it compares to Lee's Qi Gong for Better Balance, though. Hoping I can add it in to my current rotation next week!

Current Rotation:
Old 03-06-21, 03:58 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just did Tai Chi Fit Over 50 Balance exercises today. There are two workouts, though the 2nd one is much shorter and Tai Chi weighted balls are added to this last one. You can use something like Leslie or Karen V's weighted balls, or none at all.

It's a good flow practice alternating between balancing on feet or legs. Sometimes you'll be doing knee raises, other times you'll have one foot lightly touching in front, while dropping body and opposite hand down in front. The most challenging is a crane taking flight by extending arms to sides but slightly towards back while extending one leg behind you and lifting. None are very challenging though, unless you really need to work on stability and fall prevention exercises.

Current Rotation:
Old 03-07-21, 11:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Pam, thanks for the information!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 11:32 AM  
stacydan

I have several of Lee's QiGong dvds (got a few more during the black friday sale) and at last broke out the 30 day challenge dvd that I'd had for a year. I Finally figured out (after reading amazon reviews) that I had to use my actual dvd remote (and not the universal remote) to be able to skip to the next day instead of fast forwarding, once I did that I really enjoyed this dvd! I was really irritated at first when I had to fast forward, but now that I can easily skip to the correct day, I love it!

I also just completed his 5 day challenge on his website, it had 5 days of 20 minute practices as well as access to his video subscription classes until March 12. These were really good practices and I enjoyed it! Now I want to commit to a more regular QiGong practice, I feel so much more relaxed and actually am sleeping better!

(I also got two more Jane Adams yoga dvds, I've only done about 3 practices so far, but I love them!)

Now, y'all have me curious about David-Dorian Ross ....
stacydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 11:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

StacyDan, I also wrapped up the Five Day Qi Challenge. I didn't plan on subscribing until reading that if you subscribe for at least month month you will receive the five challenge practices to download.

I am considering a one month sub to explore other material on the site. I reached out to ask if the five challenge routines will be the full versions, though - these were obviously edited down, or at least I hope the were edited down because they are choppy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 12:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I thought I'd throw Scott Cole's workouts into the mix. Many of his workout are much older, but he has a Tai Chi workout that addresses balance and mobility from 2010. He also has a rather charming personality! I will have to contrast and compare.

I also started going through Lee's 30 Day Challenge again and am enjoying the shorter add-on practices.

Current Rotation:
Old 03-07-21, 12:59 PM  
cyana

Stacy - While you have access to Lee's streaming site, I'd recommend that you try the Qi Gong for Depression program if you don't have that DVD. They rotate various programs through the subscriber center (those are typically listed on the right side of the class list), so it's been nice for me to use that to try the programs that I don't own. Hooray for figuring out how to get the 30-day DVD to work better.

Pat - I haven't checked out any of the current five day challenge videos, but in the past, some of these types of promotions have used the short/edited versions of the live classes. While I like the short versions of many of his more recent DVD offerings, I'm not a big fan of the shorter live classes, as I agree they don't always feel balanced. If you do a live class, you'll find there's a nice long warm-up before the flow portion of the practice begins and I'd imagine trying to edit those classes to come up a balanced 20 minute program would be quite time-consuming.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane adams, lee holden, qi gong, qigong