Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-21, 12:39 PM  
TinaT

I tried, I really did.

I tried, for the 3rd time, to give Jessica a try. What's not to love about all her 4-limb routines and no impact cardio that I'm totally in to?! Yet, I find myself stopping about 15 minutes in and changing to something else. I adore her personality, as I've stated several times... yet my motivation isn't there.

I end up jumping on the rebounder to finish my workout time. I really do want to expand beyond my Firms and Fitprimes. Dash it all Ann Benson!! LOL

What instructor or method have you tried more than once wishing they or it would click with you?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 01:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I tried, for the 3rd time, to give Jessica a try. What's not to love about all her 4-limb routines and no impact cardio that I'm totally in to?! Yet, I find myself stopping about 15 minutes in and changing to something else. I adore her personality, as I've stated several times... yet my motivation isn't there.

I end up jumping on the rebounder to finish my workout time. I really do want to expand beyond my Firms and Fitprimes. Dash it all Ann Benson!! LOL

What instructor or method have you tried more than once wishing they or it would click with you?
I have tried Classical Stretch numerous times, but rarely last more than one workout.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 01:29 PM  
TinaT

Carol ~ I've hung on to a few CS, but never reach for them. I know her method is sound and does terrific things for the body, yet I pass it up.
Old 02-18-21, 02:30 PM  
Izzy

I am a hit or miss with Jessica. I do seem to prefer her YouTube workouts over her Walk series. But I agree, some of her workouts, I get about 15 mins in and shut them off. I think one of the reasons is that some of the moves don't make sense to me. I wonder "are we doing this just to make it a 4 limb movement, but is it really?" I understand as an instructor there is so much competition and finding ways to be creative has to be tough but for me if there is no why we are doing this or for what purpose I lose interest.

On the other hand, I love Classical Stretch/Essentrics.
Old 02-18-21, 02:40 PM  
BigBadBetty

I tried Cathe a few times. I felt like I wasted too much time switching and/or moving equipment. Maybe now that I have a larger workout space, I should try her again.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 02:53 PM  
TinaT

I have tried Cathe as well. I am a bit jealous of those who use her workouts regularly. She seems amazing. Yet, I pass on her. I'm so thankful for the variety of instructors that are out there.
Old 02-18-21, 03:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Well, I've repeatedly tried CS, Jessica and Cathe...and none of them work for me, lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 03:08 PM  
TinaT

alisoncooks ~I don't feel so bad now. LOL I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy with not being motivated by the popular instructors. Cathe, JS and CS are all making current workouts.. yet I find myself reaching for something out of my vintage collection.
Old 02-18-21, 03:18 PM  
wendug

There are lots of instructors that I just don't click with. No worries though, there are plenty of instructors that I do. I just work with who I like and that keeps me very busy!
Old 02-18-21, 03:28 PM  
TinaT

Wendy ~ I agree. I find myself only reaching for my Firm and Fitprimes tho. (with tons of modifying). My choices that motivate me are very narrow for sure. I need to be ok with this. I guess it's why I keep trying other instructors. I don't want to have FOMO. (fear of missing out).

Tags
instructors, joni-o