Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-24, 10:19 AM  
prettyinpink

Weight loss talk has always been allowed. Specific diets to accomplish it have not.
That is my understanding.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 02:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I also am in favor of diet talk.
Maybe at one time when there were more people on the forum diet talk caused drama, but I feel that everyone here now is very respectful.
I respectfully disagree with this. There are a few members who do seem to relish drama, and some who don’t post except to add drama to a topic that gets heated.

I think it’s kind of funny that people are “voting” about changing the guidelines, when at this point we should be celebrating that the forum is currently operating so much better than it has been in quite awhile—IMHO. I see it as “one step at a time.” Nobody asked the peanut gallery (us) what we thought about it anyway.

Oh, and truly, I’m not the boss of anyone, just my opinion and no slight to the OP or anyone who expressed an opinion about the topic—I did so myself upthread! It does seem to me that the current guidelines are pretty broad.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 02:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
And I didn’t know there was a recipe forum here.
toaster posted an awesome (and easy) soup recipe there that I make a lot! The forum is Recipe Box. I’d love to see more activity there!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 03:59 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Weight loss talk has always been allowed. Specific diets to accomplish it have not.
That is my understanding.
My understanding as well.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 07:19 PM  
Hsim

So I was over at City Data forum today and I browsed the Diet discussions over there and I came to the conclusion that most of the threads sounded a little kooky and not the type of discussion I would be interested in anyway. So I changed my mind - I think I prefer the no diet talk also.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 08:18 PM  
videofit

Quote:
So I was over at City Data forum today and I browsed the Diet discussions over there and I came to the conclusion that most of the threads sounded a little kooky and not the type of discussion I would be interested in anyway. So I changed my mind - I think I prefer the no diet talk also.
How funny! I've been on City Data forums for years and never even knew they had a diet forum. Not interested.
Old 04-19-24, 10:12 AM  
imhere2dance

Diet talk doesn't bother me one way or the other since I skip over threads that don't interest me. A diet sub-forum could be nice for the people who want it. But, then again, there are so many other forums out there that are easy to find since it looks like the majority of people here don't want it.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-24, 10:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
So I was over at City Data forum today and I browsed the Diet discussions over there and I came to the conclusion that most of the threads sounded a little kooky and not the type of discussion I would be interested in anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
there are so many other forums out there that are easy to find
myfitnesspal.com has a great forum that i find useful. the people there explain exactly what worked for them. there are also many post-menopausal women who post their results, and many who exercise with weights too....and a handful of vidiots who have also referred to our VF, Cathe, Leslie and Beachbody. There's a thread I bookmarked where people posted about weight loss by lifting weights.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-24, 11:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

There's always the VF alternative forums for discussing diet, nutrition and supplements:

Video Fitness II - https://homefitness.freeforums.net/

VF Roost - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-24, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
myfitnesspal.com has a great forum that i find useful. the people there explain exactly what worked for them. there are also many post-menopausal women who post their results, and many who exercise with weights too....and a handful of vidiots who have also referred to our VF, Cathe, Leslie and Beachbody. There's a thread I bookmarked where people posted about weight loss by lifting weights.
Jeannine, I always forget about the forum at MFP. Do you know if it's a separate login or the same as your regular account? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet talk, vf future