Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-19, 06:17 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
Yes, they are usually added very, very quickly. Sometimes within hours of the ride or run. Sometimes the next day.
Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 01:43 PM  
laurajhawk

Fun article: The Peloton wife gets it — and is laughing along with everyone else

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 07:42 AM  
IceQueen07

I got the Peloton App and streaming from my Firestick. Did a treadmill workout this morning - never tried those before. Question for those that use, is there anyway to hear the music more and the instructor less? I like working out to music and can barely hear it with the instructor talking. I like the cuing, but music is what motivates me. Thx

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 05:01 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I got the Peloton App and streaming from my Firestick. Did a treadmill workout this morning - never tried those before. Question for those that use, is there anyway to hear the music more and the instructor less? I like working out to music and can barely hear it with the instructor talking. I like the cuing, but music is what motivates me. Thx
I have not been able to figure that one out either, its worth a call to Peloton, I'm curious about it. However, there are quite a few instructors and I usually stick to ones who's style I like (not as much talking).

I recently ditched my Apple TV and got the Amazon FireCube, which makes it so much easier to navigate. Last year, Peloton didn't have an app for Android and I spent money on an Apple TV (which I regret very much). Peloton just recently came out with the app on Amazon, and I'm super happy with it.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 06:12 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
If you have the bike you can choose “more instructor”, “more music” or “original”.....but on the app, you don’t have that option
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 06:54 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
If you have the bike you can choose “more instructor”, “more music” or “original”.....but on the app, you don’t have that option
Thanks. Don't have the bike, only the app.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 07:14 PM  
honey

I've tried the bike a few times at my gym (the local Y) and in hotel fitness centers. I was surprised when they started popping up in gyms, but I've run into them in several spots.

It's a solid piece of equipment but would consider buying one. It's a combination of space constraints, other home workout options, great spin classes at my gym, and owning a road bike. If you don't have a bike, a gym, and you do have space, then it's great.

If you want to try before you buy, then call around and see if a gym has one. It would be worth doing a promo membership to the local gym to check one out for yourself.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 01:10 PM  
jldx2in2000

I tried the app last year on my own spin bike. I'm not a die hard spinner and probably only spin a few times a month but I enjoy Cathe's spin videos. I just couldn't get into the live studio format which is weird since I love Cathe Live. I cancelled my subscription and have no desire to try it again or get the bike.

Six months ago I did purchase a Nordictrack treadmill that has a 22 inch screen and connects to iFit. I was never a runner and didn't care for the dreadmill but I love the iFit trainer led on location walks/runs/hikes. They have studio videos but I am not interested in those. They also have an option to create your own map based workout which I imagine would be useful if training for a race. Using the on location videos have been amazing for me to get to see parts of the world I didn't think I would ever see (Machu Pichu, India, Switzerland, Portugal, Morocco). I think the most amazing thing about the Nordictrack/iFit integration is that as the terrain and speed of the trainer changes, it will change the treadmill settings too. Sometimes I have to override them say when a trainer thinks this sloth can run at 7mph but that is easy to do. I was watching the Peloton Tread commercial and couldn't grasp the concept of a treadmill that uses a spinner to change the speed. I would kill myself spinning that thing too much and flying off the back!

I added the bit about Nordictrack/iFit because they sell bikes too and I have contemplated getting one of those to replace my current spin bike but will probably wait until the treadmill is paid off. Some of the Nordictrack bikes also offer incline/decline and the integration with iFit would mean the resistance and incline would change with the terrain and instructor.

To each their own on what they enjoy when working out. Some people love studio rides and others like me love outdoor settings. Some love the leaderboard and others like me find it de-motivating and some love it all. I am thankful there are so many options.
jldx2in2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 01:17 PM  
rhbrand

I have both the bike and tread from Peloton , and both have scenic rides/walks you can do.

In fact, most of the use I get from the treadmill is finding a beautiful place to walk through. Nothing like going on a walk in a warm sunny place like Costa Rica when its snowing in Iowa lol
Old 01-07-20, 05:14 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

ohhhh

rhband: I didn't realize you had the tread too!!! wow ... I think it looks like a nice surface. But I have a new (as of last January) Landice that I bought, so there is not Peloton tread in my future any time too soon!!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton, peloton commercial, peloton girl, spin bike, spin bikes