Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-20, 02:47 PM  
Sara1000

A Good Fitness Board for People Who Don't Do Videos?

I'm asking for my daughter. She works out every day but has trouble getting motivated. I'm not sure what she does, but she says she does the same thing every day.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 03:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think this is a good board for people who don’t do videos. A lot of us do more than videos. Many walk, run, put together their own strength routines or go to a gym. I think this is a good place to start looking for motivation and a way to shake up your workout routine.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 03:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

+1 What Joni said...

The community here is very encouraging and a check-in would be helpful. But she may also be inspired to subscribe or investigate YouTube workouts she can use anywhere.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 03:57 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I think this is a good board for people who don’t do videos. A lot of us do more than videos. Many walk, run, put together their own strength routines or go to a gym. I think this is a good place to start looking for motivation and a way to shake up your workout routine.
Thanks - I guess you're right - I was just thinking of the name but we certainly aren't limited to videos.
Old 01-05-20, 03:59 PM  
Sara1000

Except she might have trouble joining - re the recent discussion of that.
Old 01-05-20, 04:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I see the newest member joined yesterday.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 04:47 PM  
rhbrand

If she's into or has a Facebook, there is pretty much a group for everything you can think of.

Walkers, weight lifters, yoga, pilates, you name it there is a group on Facebook for it.
Old 01-05-20, 11:46 PM  
creatrix

I'd recommend trying r/xxfitness on Reddit on for size: https://www.reddit.com/r/xxfitness/
Old 01-06-20, 04:33 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Heh, I was going to suggest VF too (I first read this thread when it was just the original post). I can imagine that people with no interest in exercise videos may initially balk at joining a forum about exercise videos, but VF has never struck me as a gathering of "video chauvinists" or "video supremacists" who disparage everything fitness that isn't video-related.

Although I can't think of open examples, I'd guess that people who don't use and have no interest in exercise videos can still fit into this community as respectful and welcomed members.

By "respectful" I mean, for example, that they won't belittle videos that they don't use and that don't interest them--but I hold the same standard for everyone here anyway. The difference here, of course, is just that these particular members wouldn't have any videos that they do use or that do interest them.

I also wouldn't expect such members to be apologetic about being VFers with no (at least current) interest in videos. (Who knows? Maybe they'll be interested someday.)

Of course, a prospective member would have to follow a number of community guidelines, and some may especially notice the diet-related ones.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 10:28 PM  
jusca

A very active Facebook group would most likely be her best bet or to follow someone on Instagram for motivational posts. She may like it here too.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness forums