Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-19, 03:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Pam - How does the sizing tend to run on the Sweet Legs, and how compressive are they? They have some really cute prints!
Hi Cyana! I don’t find the Sweet Legs compressive. They are soft and have a slight sort of flannel-ish feel on the outside, but they are lightweight. I have the “one size fits most” & they are quite stretchy. They don’t fit me snugly, I am 5’6”, 130 lbs. My legs are long, 32” inseam and they come to just above my ankle. I think they also have a plus size.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 03:48 PM  
sherry7899

I use the Danskin Capri yoga pants from Wal-Mart as pajama bottoms. I wish they had not discontinued making them. They are so comfortable.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 03:52 PM  
rhbrand

I like Fabletics but my favorite is 90Degrees by Reflex for leggings and capris.
Old 12-22-19, 06:59 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They shrink a little bit. I buy one size up. I like them long and loose fitting.

I bought them directly from the Hanes site when they were on sale for $5.00 each with free shipping .
Thanks Anna and Sherry - I don't want sweaty cotton plastered directly on my skin, so I was thinking sizing up might be wise - especially since they're cotton. I have no clue how many years I've worn my Eddie Bauer tanks, and hadn't seen anything that seemed remotely comparable.

Pam - One more thing on the Sweet Legs fit - how is the rise? I'm long-waisted and most definitely not going for the plumber's butt look!!! Do they stay in place pretty well?

Rhonda - I've heard good things about the 90Degrees by Reflex brand, too. I believe someone here in the past mentioned finding those at TJ Maxx for a really good price.

This time of year I'm frequently in seriously unstylish sweat pants, but at home, no one cares.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 11:22 AM  
darbyndoug

I still have many Lucy items, which I love...but, alas, the company is long gone now.

I like Sweaty Betty, Athleta, and Patagonia.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:13 PM  
starbelly

I LOVE Asquith London. The clothes are quite pricey, but extremely well made and last forever (a bit unfortunate if you like to change your wardrobe frequently) so the price point is reasonable considering the quality. Most items are made from bamboo and the company uses fair wage labor in Turkey and Portugal. The fabric drapes beautifully and is incredibly soft and luxurious. The cuts are on the generous size for a European brand and probably similar to U.S. sizing.

At the end of each season everything is 50% off (70% in the last week of the sale) and the Autumn/Winter sale should start within the next two weeks.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Cyana - I don’t have a tape measure handy as I’m not at home, but the waist band sits at the top edge of my hip bones. I’m not fond of mid rise or low rise leggings. I find they do stay in place fairly well. The waist band is not wide.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:56 PM  
Hazel Porter

Constantly Varied Gear. Some is NSFW, just so ya know
Old 12-23-19, 01:59 PM  
prettyinpink

Last year I picked up a pair of Beyond Yoga space dye leggings on a sale. They are the softest most comfortable leggings I’ve ever owned.

They aren’t s compressive as some, so for working out they are fine but not at the top. But I wear them all the time at home as soon as it gets chilly, and sometimes as pajamas.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 10:50 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I really like Marika and Nike workout clothes, which I find at NordstromRack.com.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness clothing, leggings, workout clothes, workout clothing, yoga pants