Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-09, 01:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Tracy. So, has your wallet felt the effects you coming back to VF yet?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 10:57 AM  
BarreFly

Hello everyone. I found this forum after looking for video reviews and I have been lurking for a while so I thought I would register and join in the fun.

As my name suggests Barre/Dance inspired workouts are totally my style. My current favorites are Fluidity, Exhale, Classical Stretch and Tracy Anderson and I just ordered the Physique 57 set (hopefully they won't be on backorder too long).

Unfortunately when life is hectic, I tend to neglect myself and put off my workouts, I am hoping joining in here will help keep me motivated!
BarreFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 11:00 AM  
mj476

Hi BarreFly! (love the name!)

You will find lots of barre lovers here (me included). There is a P57 checkin in case you want to join in. Welcome to the forums!

Marcy
Old 09-11-09, 11:06 AM  
BarreFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
Hi BarreFly! (love the name!)

You will find lots of barre lovers here (me included). There is a P57 checkin in case you want to join in. Welcome to the forums!

Marcy
Thank you! I will have to check that out once my DVDs arrive.
BarreFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 02:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome! It sounds like you landed in the right spot given the number of people who like barre type workouts as well. I was going to suggest a check in as well. Not a specific one, just the concept. The check ins I have been a part of here at VF have been a major part of this ex-couch potato staying consistent with her workouts. Feel free to read however many you like and all you have to do to join one is post a message and introduce yourself.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-16-09, 11:12 AM  
mamabug23

Talking Hello!

Hi everyone,

I used to visit here many, many years ago, under a username I cannot remember for the life of me. After teaching group fitness classes for almost 7 years, I'm getting back into home video workouts (at the moment I'm taking a break from classes). Many years ago, I loved the firm and have recently dusted off my old tapes. They're still great! Also, with my netflix membership, I've been trying all kinds of new workouts. I've tried the Tracie Long training series and LOVE them!!!!

Over the years I've taught step, sculpting, senior fitness, ball workouts, Turbokick, yoga, and Zumba. Some I love more than others! I'm an AFAA- and ACE- certified group fitness instructor and personal trainer. I am glad to have found this board again, and look forward to finding new workouts to try. Home videos give me ideas for my classes when I can't get to a local workshop.

Thanks to those who have maintained this board! I've already learned a lot of helpful info from past threads. My main goal at the moment is to maintain my current fitness level, and it "would be nice" to shed a teeny bit of baby pudge. But I'm okay if it stays put!

MB
mamabug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 05:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back, MB. It's good you are rediscovering your home workouts and that it gives your exercise another dimension in which to go. See you around the forum!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-17-09, 05:34 PM  
arFit

Smile BRAND NEW to VF

Hello, my name is Amanda and I'm brand new to VF and am lucky to have stumbled upon this thread right away. After browsing the posts I was immediately excited and had to write - it's so nice to find a great group of women who also love fitness and videos.
I'm a former professional runner but after getting terribly injured I had to end my career, fitness videos have helped me suppplement my current training and 'mix it up' since I cant' run like I used to.
So far I like to check out top 10 lists and have really enjoyed the high intensity bootcamp videos as well as "The Biggest Loser" yoga.
Being new to this I see how supportive everyone seems of each other and I'm happy to now be a part of it.
arFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 08:36 PM  
dbclark44

Welcome arfit. I've been a member of this site since 2003 and I leave but come back when I need some motivation to kick things in gear. Hope to see you around checking in on some of the challenges available. I first started working out at home to casette tapes and LPs. Jazzercise and Joannie Greggins were my first introduction back in the early 80s. I was just telling a friend the other day how we used to get the workout and learn if off the charts and posters that came with it. There sure was a learning curve until we got it down, but boy when we did we used to get an awesome workout. It's a wonder we never hurt ourselves not sure we were doing the moves correctly. Look how far we've come. VHS to DVDs. Now we work hard at mimiking the instructor on our screen the best we can. Good luck with your home exercise routine. Deb
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 12:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Introducing myself

Hi all!

I just wanted to officially "introduce" myself b/f I start posting away, asking questions .

I'm 29 and a SAHM to 2 little gals. Thanks to them (ahem, and Ben & Jerry) I'm about 40 lbs overweight (5'5'', 165ish). I've ALWAYS been athletic, but these past 4 years (since preg w/ my 1st) I've really fallen off the grid.

BUT I've been ON IT these past 2 weeks. I'm getting my old DVDs back out and have ordered some more (just received The Bar Method & Core Fusion Body Sculpt....and I've got 3 others on the way.) I've always done traditional aerobics/workouts but I've got to say, they never sparked an excitement in me like these barre methods (where have I been these past few decades?!?!)

I'm salivating over Physique 57 and a fluidity bar, just so you know ...

I have a weakness all things fitness, so maybe (or not) this is a great place for me to hang! (or if you ask my DH & wallet, I should turn and run )

Anyway, just saying HI! I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me...

Alison
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread