Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-18, 09:20 PM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
That is funny....the 7 Day Challenge dvd is probably my least favorite Ellen.

I really like the new workouts on streaming. I think that she is very natural and genuine, and the production quality is similar to her "live" series. She seems to be coming up with new stuff, too.

I'm just so glad Ellen is making more workouts.
Jackie,
What didn't you like about the 7day challenge workouts? Are they really different from "classic Ellen"?

I've previewed a few of the newer offerings (not 7 day), and the moves look very similar to her dvd content (which I love!). I'm very happy to see Michelle too as the modifier. Like working out with old friends

I think I will enjoy this streaming service.
I'm happy Ellen is still doing her thing. I've looked for substitutes, but she really is one of a kind.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 09:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Not JackieB, but I also didn't care for Ellen's 7 Day Challenge DVD. Boring and repetitive, is what I thought of it. My favorite Ellen's DVDs are Fat Burning Fusion, Crunch Burn & Firm and Super Slim Down is OK too. Some of her workouts (now available on youtube) like Zen Sculpt are good too!
Old 12-20-18, 09:37 PM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Not JackieB, but I also didn't care for Ellen's 7 Day Challenge DVD. Boring and repetitive, is what I thought of it. My favorite Ellen's DVDs are Fat Burning Fusion, Crunch Burn & Firm and Super Slim Down is OK too. Some of her workouts (now available on youtube) like Zen Sculpt are good too!

Thanks Usia!
I LOVE those too!
I find that my all time fav & most used Ellens are Slim & Skinny Sculpt.
I always come back to those.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 10:22 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Totally agree. I found the 7 Day really boring and just in general lacking in inspiration and new ideas. I didn't like the background exercisers either...flat faces, unenthused.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 11:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Totally agree. I found the 7 Day really boring and just in general lacking in inspiration and new ideas. I didn't like the background exercisers either...flat faces, unenthused.
Agree! The background exercisers were totally flat affect and that really took something away from the workouts.
I did the streaming for a month and its good. I enjoyed the new workouts & I've always loved Ellen. I will subscribe again sometime, but right now I have three other streaming subscriptions going so I can't justify it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 08:11 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

But they were ballerinas! Doesn’t that make up for their lack of personality? Can’t we all relate to young ballerinas?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 08:30 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
But they were ballerinas! Doesn’t that make up for their lack of personality? Can’t we all relate to young ballerinas?
Oh of course we can all relate to young, skinny ballerinas! They look like teenagers to me.

Seems to me that there was a thread about this dvd....remember she said it was going to be her last....and some VFers were disappointed with its um, well, lackluster.

I really like her new streaming workouts. It seems like the old Ellen to me.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 12-21-18, 08:35 AM  
sherry7899

I don't like the seven day dvd either ,but some reason I still have it in my collection. The background exercisers looked like they were having root canal done

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 08:41 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The background exercisers looked like they were having root canal done
That is hilarious!

Old 12-21-18, 11:24 AM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

It looks like I'm in the minority in liking the 7 day challenge. The format of having the option of a stretch segment, or a short workout focused on strength or cardio was a big plus. I started picking one out to add onto a walk or for a pick-me-up in the afternoon. But I agree the background exercisers don't do anything to get enthused about.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 day workout challenge, ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming