Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-18, 02:07 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm confused on the length...the DVD description says it's 65 minutes, not nearly an hour and a half, so....???
Each of the separate workouts also includes a warmup which is 4+ minutes, so that may account for the difference in the length on the DVD.
Old 09-21-18, 06:09 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Looks like this dvd isn't ready quite yet. I preordered from Totalfitness. I see a note on Collage Video that states: PLEASE NOTE: This item had a planned release date of 9/15/2018 and was only available for Pre-Order. Unfortunately the release date has been pushed back and shipments will be delayed. The item is still available for pre-order only.

Ugh, I wanted to try it. It sounds good.

For those that have done it, does each body part feel worked thoroughly?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 08:58 AM  
Betty Boop

Sounds terrible, but I think I'm going to 'jump ship' on this one. It''s a good workout. My problem is that I don't get the 'high' that I usually get after doing a weights workout. Working out with weights has always been an anxiety buster for me. For some reason it isn't happening with this one.

So, I went back and found my Joyce Vedral paper/Kindle workouts. I haven't done any of hers in a long time. I'll see how that goes.
Old 09-21-18, 10:22 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Each of the separate workouts also includes a warmup which is 4+ minutes, so that may account for the difference in the length on the DVD.
Oohhhhh!! I guess I'll still watch and wait on this DVD for more reviews when it actually gets released. Thanks for this info!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 09:54 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Looks like this dvd isn't ready quite yet. I preordered from Totalfitness. I see a note on Collage Video that states: PLEASE NOTE: This item had a planned release date of 9/15/2018 and was only available for Pre-Order. Unfortunately the release date has been pushed back and shipments will be delayed. The item is still available for pre-order only.

Ugh, I wanted to try it. It sounds good.

For those that have done it, does each body part feel worked thoroughly?
Mary is listing 28 in stock today (when I purchased it said expected in stock on 9/20) so maybe we will have it soon.
Old 09-22-18, 05:40 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Mary is listing 28 in stock today (when I purchased it said expected in stock on 9/20) so maybe we will have it soon.
Yeah, got home last night and saw shipping notice from Mary!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 09-22-18, 10:34 AM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
The download version is broken down into
Legs - 21:03
Back - 17:43
Chest - 14:33
Triceps - 14:30
Biceps - 11:12
Shoulders - 14:30
Abs - 15:58

The whole workout - 1:24:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm confused on the length...the DVD description says it's 65 minutes, not nearly an hour and a half, so....???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Well, the 4 min. warm up tacked on to each mini-WO/body part does account for a discrepancy but not the 65 min. one.

If the times that MathTeacher were provided with are accurate and you add up each of the individual times listed, it equals just shy of 1hr 50 mins (1:49:48).

If, however, you subtract 24 mins from that time (6 of the 4 min WU times), you get 1:25:48, roughly the 1:24:19 run time provided. (I'm assuming the 1.5 min difference is due to the 4 min WU time just being an estimate, and that the ACTUAL run time of the WU is slightly over 4 mins, 4:20 mins say?)
Old 09-22-18, 12:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Long clip up now:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=iwSpKH4CrtI
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-18, 02:41 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This looks awesome and I'm glad I ordered. Not too many workouts that do that slow reps...I plan on going as heavy as I can.

Old 09-22-18, 02:55 PM  
rhbrand

I was only slightly interested but after seeing the clips, I'm off to order. I LOVE that slow pace.
I think I might alt. a week of Cathe Slow and Heavy, one week, this 3 time a week for a week and then Amy Bentos Slow paced workout for a week.

Tags
jari, jari downloads, jari love, ripped and jacked