Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-18, 07:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingwolf View Post
There are many things I appreciate about Tracie Long's workouts. They have a non-frantic pace. She is calm and controlled. Also, the workouts look deceivingly simple, but they have a little bite to them once you get going. I always feel completely satisfied when I am finished with one. They don't have endless repetitions. They are short and sweet.
I particularly appreciate the non-franticness of the workouts. They are innovative - but not goofy, if you know what I mean. I love the 30 minute length as well. I do wish for longer stretches, but I'll just add on one of Jessica's YouTube stretches if needed.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 07:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
All of this! Still, I'd like to see some better previews
I have to say that the previews left me cold too and I resisted buying them for a long time. Despite all that, I bought all four of the existing Studio Series DVDs during Mary's latest sale and pre-ordered the newest two directly from Tracie. Can you say vidiot??

I am finding that I really like them - they are perfect for me at this stage in my life (early 60's). Not frantic, but still challenging, with plenty of strength work. No endless reps. Not quite enough stretching for my taste, but I just add something from YouTube.

I can see how someone who is a die-hard Cathe fanatic might not like them because they are too short or are not hard enough.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 11:03 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingwolf View Post
There are many things I appreciate about Tracie Long's workouts. They have a non-frantic pace. She is calm and controlled. Also, the workouts look deceivingly simple, but they have a little bite to them once you get going. I always feel completely satisfied when I am finished with one. They don't have endless repetitions. They are short and sweet.
I agree. I like that there are not endless repetitions. I also like that she seems to incorporate moves that are different in many workouts, from anything I have done before, like in her mobility workouts in this last series. My body always likes to learn to do something new and I get a bit bored with the same old same old after awhile. I also think she is one of the best and teaching form. I am really appreciating he this year. I am looking forward to these new videos!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 11:11 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I concur, her previews do not do them justice at all. But with all of Tracie's workouts, they are deceptive!

I lately have only had about 30 mins in the morning before work, so for me, they pack a lot into that time frame, and I'm not so worn out that I won't do them again, but I am definitely done after.

I really should do some sort of rotation, and I applaud anyone who does them! I always figure I'll get it together at some point, but that'll likely be once I get the kids through school!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 04:23 PM  
mamaste

Mary posted a promo clip on Facebook. You do not need to be signed in to watch. https://www.facebook.com/TotalFitnes...4975622357273/
Old 01-23-18, 09:05 PM  
ncl

I just got an email that the new videos will ship on Monday! Hooray!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 09:20 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I just got an email that the new videos will ship on Monday! Hooray!
Yay! Tracie looks amazing on the covers.

Oh, here's the link to Tracie's promo on YouTube for anyone not wanting to use Facebook: https://youtu.be/aSYv_XSo03g
Old 01-23-18, 09:39 PM  
Pam

The workouts look like they will be fun! Thanks for posting.
Old 01-24-18, 07:22 AM  
Rhonda

Man I think I just went over the edge and going to buy.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 08:11 AM  
TinaT

I would be interested in these. They do look fun and hard at the same time.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long