Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-17, 05:10 PM  
TinaT

Anyone Still Using Physique 57?

I've been hot and cold about this method. Though I am kind of drawn to some of the 30 minute routines. I love the cardio effect it must have with the faster mover.

Who's using this still?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 08:05 PM  
CarlaVeg

I am NOT using it right now but I used it a lot years ago, only the 30 minutes ones. I can't do the 60 minute one too long for me, but I can't do anything for 60 minutes anyways.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 10:59 PM  
Jewels5

I haven't used mine in awhile but I love them (the first two volumes, that is). Physique 57 was my introduction to barre workouts and I love the pace and enthusiasm in the workouts. I crave shorter workouts these days and the 30-minute workouts always feel like enough.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 08:06 AM  
TinaT

I tried the first set years ago. So long ago that I don't really remember much about them. I do remember the pace was much quicker than most barre routines.

There is something about barre that makes me want to like it, but I struggle finding an instructor to stick with. Reading about the results that barre can bring also draws me to constantly search for the one I'll click with.
Old 04-18-17, 10:10 AM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

I haven't done them in about six months or so, but just did Volume 1 this morning and really enjoyed it. I did notice that I could do a lot more of it than I used to be able to do, so I guess the Pure Barre I've been focusing on lately is working by making me stronger.
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 10:17 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

All of the P57 workouts are regularly circulated in my overall barre rotation (but I have probably 100+ barre DVDs/downloads so I'm not doing them all the time). I really love the music and that they are fast and sweet, and get a better sweat than with most barre. I usually do the 30 minute ones more but the 57 minute ones are also excellent. I like the classics but I also like the newer 'cardio' workout with the guy.
Old 04-18-17, 11:46 AM  
meg39

I still use them from time to time, although not on a basis often enough to know if I am getting "results" from them. I just enjoy the workouts.

Sometimes I split it into 2 workouts - upper body and legs on one day, and pick up with the seat and abs the following workout.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:49 AM  
TinaT

I like the thought of adding the 30 min routines into my rotation. Something for variety but also another form of sweating.
Old 04-19-17, 10:59 AM  
nevertoolate

For anyone who might be interested, I have Physique 57 Volumes 1 & 2 listed on VF Roost. Great workouts, just not for me at this time.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 01:14 PM  
caitlinpyle

That is too funny -- I haven't been on VF in quite a long time but I miss it!! I just did the p57 classic volume 1 yesterday -- for the first time since the first time more than 3 years ago!

I got a good workout, but it was a little too fast for me. I've been a Suzanne Bowen subscriber since March of 2013 and found that I prefer the cardio she includes over trying to speed up barre moves to get a cardio effect.

This morning, for example, I did a 40-minute barre cardio interval workout on SBF and looooved it. Nice calm barre move, THEN a solid cardio interval. I really like getting into the burn with slow and steady barre work; I didn't feel that calmness in the P57 workout yesterday.

(Also, side note, I didn't count but Tanya says something about calories *at least* 10 times in the Vol 1 workout... I kept saying back to her, "Burning calories is not why I'm here!!" haha)

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
physique 57