Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-17, 02:32 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Diana - that is interesting about the eye cream and hot flashes.....

Donna
It could be a complete coincidence, though. I won't use it at night, but I will see if it happens again, tomorrow morning.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-17, 08:55 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I went to a medi-spa and they recommended Nia24 for my sensitive dry skin. This has niacinamide in it. I get red and irritated if I do more than 2 days in a row.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 06:39 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
I recently started making my own products at home which is easier and cheaper than I imagined. I am using jojoba oil and aloe vera gel as my main facial moisturizer. I have oily/combo skin and have read that jojoba oil is good b/c it mimics our skin's own oil and shuts down the production of excess oil.
Thanks for this, I am going to try jojoba oil on my face as a moisturizer. I bought some sweet almond oil from Now Foods that I really like but it leaves my T Zone a little oily. I think they sell a Jojoba oil too which I will look for.

My normal moisturizer I really like, which is St. Ive's Collagen Elastin which I have used for years. I am just experimenting with a few different things to see what they do.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 07:31 AM  
donnamp

Taramisu - I really like mixing the oil w/ aloe vera gel - it seems to cut down on the greasiness. I do about half each - and you can always customize the proportions. If you whip it/shake it up it becomes more creamy and less oily

I may be imagining things, but I think some of my yucky blackheads are going away. (It is distressing having those at almost 50! LOL!)

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-17, 07:42 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Taramisu - I really like mixing the oil w/ aloe vera gel - it seems to cut down on the greasiness. I do about half each - and you can always customize the proportions. If you whip it/shake it up it becomes more creamy and less oily

I may be imagining things, but I think some of my yucky blackheads are going away. (It is distressing having those at almost 50! LOL!)

Donna
Thanks! I do have some Aloe Vera gel too from Fruit of the Earth I can use, I will order some Jojoba oil and give it a try! It's fun to experiment. Plus, I don't have to worry about products like Aloe Vera gel and Jojoba oil being discontinued. I tend to find a favorite beauty aid and it almost always gets dc'd. My face cream is one of the few products that St. Ives has not gotten rid of...yet.

And no, I don't think it's your imagination, it probably really does work! I am certainly willing to give it a go!
Old 02-23-17, 11:19 AM  
donnamp

Taramisu - where do you get your St. Ives cream? I think I used that one in the past, but then I could never find it in the store!

I am really enjoying the homemade products- I think the absence of fillers and thickeners works better for my skin.

Donna
Old 02-23-17, 09:51 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Taramisu - where do you get your St. Ives cream? I think I used that one in the past, but then I could never find it in the store!

I am really enjoying the homemade products- I think the absence of fillers and thickeners works better for my skin.

Donna
It's hard to find in the store, I have seen it at Walmart on occasion. The last time I bought it was through drugstore.com, which is no more. I guess it's now Walgreens.com, where it is available as well as Amazon. It's actually cheaper on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/St-Ives-Timel...al+moisturizer

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/st...032598-product

St. Ives is one of my favorite drugstore brands, I like this face cream plus a couple of their body lotions. I am disappointed they are no longer cruelty free though, they used to be and then they were bought out by Unilever. I will likely still buy the few products I like but am certainly exploring other options. I find that a tub lasts me forever, a little goes a very long way. It's a light moisturizer, but it does contain mineral oil which is a little bit of a turn off. I have never had any breakouts though. I do like it a lot and have used this moisturizer for many years. St. Ives has discontinued a few of my favorite products, really liked their clear pore cleanser from years ago, this moisturizer is still pretty popular, hopefully they won't get rid of it. I like it.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-24-17, 10:25 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Taramisu! I used to use a lot of the St. Ives products back in the day, but then they started disappearing from the shelves!!

I think mineral oil does not clog pores - so that is good!

Donna
Old 02-25-17, 04:33 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw75 View Post
I've been using the CeraVe PM moisturizer. It's very lightweight. During the day I top it with a sunscreen. Good luck!
This
Old 02-27-17, 09:17 AM  
TinaT

Update: I decided on one of the many Neutrogena face cream and eye creams. I have not had any kind of sweating after applying it. I really do think it was the niacinamide.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
face lotion, menopause, moisturizers