Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-17, 07:39 PM  
Lannette

I feel very much as you do Alison. I'd probably sub out Classic Callanetics, the Condensed original Callanetics or one of Sandra's WOs. I need to think about and play around with this.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 09:17 PM  
Richie

I'm going to do the 30 day countdown. Haven't started yet but previewed the workouts.
Level 1 is days 1-5, Level 2 is days 6-15, Level 3 is days 16--30.
At the start of each workout an onscreen graphic tells you what days that Level is for.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 09:43 PM  
ncl

How long are the workouts?
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 09:51 PM  
moonbeam31

I ordered Callanetics Countdown today

I ordered Countdown today from Mary! I was on amazon looking too and saw this one coming in March: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY3JJAZ...=I9Z41RVV6BF2T looks like a new take on am/pm Callanetics? Also taught by Lacey Condi I am guessing??
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 10:07 PM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
How long are the workouts?
Times rounded up to the nearest minute.

Level 1 Days 01-05: 25 min

Level 2 Days 06-15: 40 min

Level 3 days 16- 30: 53 min
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-17, 06:17 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I ordered Countdown today from Mary! I was on amazon looking too and saw this one coming in March: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY3JJAZ...=I9Z41RVV6BF2T looks like a new take on am/pm Callanetics? Also taught by Lacey Condi I am guessing??
ETA: Those have been available on the streaming site for at least 3 months. They are an updated take on Callan's AM/PM set. Currently the AM WO is 20:20 min. And the PM is 17:47 min. I guess it's possible that the DVD could be an update of the updates.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 01-14-17 at 06:20 AM. Reason: To add
Old 01-14-17, 08:15 AM  
mandie123

I did the first level daily for 5 days.Just started level 2,but think I will sub with one of the workouts with Sandra a couple of times.
Old 01-14-17, 08:18 AM  
akaAnnie

How does the third levvel of Callanetics countdown compare with the original Callanetics dvd? Harder, easier, about the same?
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-17, 10:18 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
How does the third levvel of Callanetics countdown compare with the original Callanetics dvd? Harder, easier, about the same?
I'm not sure. I only just today got around to trying Callanetics Extreme. I really liked it!

In the streaming area Countdown Level three is listed as advanced whereas the Original Callanetics (even the flow version) is listed as intermediate.

Old 02-18-17, 08:40 PM  
Lannette

Coming in to update this. I've now done Countdown Level 3 five times and like it a lot. The streaming site lists this as advanced. The abbreviated Original Callanetics WO is just under 45 minutes. Countdown Level 3 is 53 minutes long.

The difficulty of the movements is similar but CD 3 has an extra ab exercise and kneeling hip and behind in addition to the floor version, plies in second position flat, on releve and with Pulsing at the bottom and a 5-6 minute planking/push-up segment. Lacey flows through the WO with Quick but thorough set ups. There is little down time.

I personally find CD 3 to be more challenging than the streaming original Callanetics with the extra chatter removed. CD 3 would be much more challenging than the original Callanetics if I rested during the extra chatter.

I did CD 3 three times this week and really enjoyed it.

Tags
callanetics, callanetics countdown