Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-17, 04:04 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
You're right, Alison. I didn't realize only a preview was available with our streaming subscription! I wonder why it's not available to us yet. Probably so we'll buy the DVD!

Sorry about giving you the wrong information.

Sue
In the forum Sandra said it would eventually be available to subscribers. I think they probably didn't want to discourage sales. They had a code for 50% off downloads. I used that when I downloaded it. I don't believe it's still active but you could try. It was NEWYEAR50.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 04:14 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I may peak at this one. I remember really liking Callanetics Evolution when I tried it. Does Callanetics Countdown have really good form pointers and do people show good form? My hesitation to try anything like barre, pilates, or callanetics long term is fear of bad form. I'd hate to pick up bad habits. However, I know from some threads here that it's possible to learn from dvd, if you have a good teacher.
Bubbles, I like the form pointers in this one. The form has actually been updated from Evolution. They aren't using the active pelvic floor contraction anymore. Some of the sessions have you place a yoga block between your knees during the first set of bent knee abs to automatically contract it.

At least one of the background participants in Callanetics Countdown is an instructor. The only thing I've noticed is that Lacey uses a larger pulse even while cuing for smaller pulses. (Maybe to be sure you see the direction of the pulses?) The pulses should be very small. If your counter extensions are in place they actually can't be larger.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 01-10-17, 05:44 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Lannette!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 09:58 AM  
Richie

If you "buy & download" this, is it HD?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 04:37 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
If you "buy & download" this, is it HD?
Some of the older WOs that had been on VHS can't be downloaded in 1080p but the newer WOs can.

Old 01-10-17, 11:02 PM  
Richie

Thanks, Lannette!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 06:40 PM  
alisoncooks

So, I have a question:

Is anyone following the Callanetics Countdown rotation (5 days, 10 days, 15 days)? I haven't had time to sit down and preview the dvd, but is this meant to be 30 days straight of Callanetics? No breaks?

I'm considering it...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 07:14 PM  
Lannette

Hi Alison,

In the Callanetics Countdown book there is a section that asks: "How long is 30 days?" It says that 30 days can be, just that, every day for 30 days or 6 days per week for 5 weeks or 5 days a week for 6 weeks. The book goes on to say that everyone is different but it's ok to do Callanetics every day.

I really like the first level of Countdown so I keep thinking about doing the plan straight through but that means giving up other Callanetics workouts I enjoy for a month so I keep going back and forth on it. Are you thinking of going straight through?

Old 01-13-17, 07:20 PM  
Lannette

I just checked the Amazon picture of the back of the DVD case. It says pretty much the same thing as the info I shared from the book.

Old 01-13-17, 07:31 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for sharing that info, Lannette.

I do like the idea of a 30-day challenge...but I don't know that I would stick it out. (I'm sure I'd skip a day now and then.)

Maybe I'll give it a try and just see how it goes (though I might sub in Pure Callanetics occasionally during the last phase -- I do like that one a lot).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics, callanetics countdown