Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-16, 07:29 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I like the looks of these....I might have to get them. Thanks for the heads up!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 06:20 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I wound up doing the Lower Body Barre one today (ouch!). I didn't see the Squat & Kick one, so maybe they're not all on YouTube.

I'm getting into Linda now. I recently ordered some from Mary in the sale.

I am intrigued by the 100 rep challenge, but will the counting drive me crazy like billy blanks or does Linda vary that as well?
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 08:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I am intrigued by the 100 rep challenge, but will the counting drive me crazy like billy blanks or does Linda vary that as well?
Yes, she does count in these (at least on the YouTube practices). You could probably preview to see if it would bother you--to me, I'm glad she does, as I want to know when we're going to be done!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 10:22 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Yes, she does count in these (at least on the YouTube practices). You could probably preview to see if it would bother you--to me, I'm glad she does, as I want to know when we're going to be done!
I believe she said it would be the youTube practices that would be on dvd, so will probably have the same counting. I will wait until Mary has clips, but I do like Linda and I can cope with some counting as long as it is not all 100 reps
Old 07-09-16, 02:28 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I tried some of the YouTube Barlates 100 rep workouts this morning - abs and upper body. Both of those were the same as the DVD. It didn't take me long to realize I don't WANT to do 100 reps! 20-30 is plenty for me. So I won't be buying these.

And she does count pretty much every rep.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 02:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
Now available for pre-order at Mary's !

$ 21.98 for both or $ 14.95 each

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/7.htm
thanks.

I love Linda. she's so awesome.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 03:01 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I tried some of the YouTube Barlates 100 rep workouts this morning - abs and upper body. Both of those were the same as the DVD. It didn't take me long to realize I don't WANT to do 100 reps! 20-30 is plenty for me. So I won't be buying these.

And she does count pretty much every rep.
Karen,

you have spoken what was just in my head.

I just watched the clip again and decided that I don't want to do 100 reps of 1-2 body parts a day so I will not be buying these. I have some other Linda workouts and would rather get it done and get out.
Old 07-14-16, 10:54 AM  
rheash92

So if all the workouts are available on youtube whats the point of buying the DVD? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 11:01 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
So if all the workouts are available on youtube whats the point of buying the DVD? Thanks!
Linda offers a lot of free content but she doesn't usually offer her DVD content for free I would say the reason for buying the DVD is to support her There's about 2 or 3 chapters that didn't seem to be released on youtube too.
Old 07-14-16, 11:10 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
I prefer DVDs over YouTube. Linda also does a lot of premixes on her DVDs. I also like to support Linda. She gives away so many great free videos.. and I do them sometimes. I have bought all of her DVDs and look forward to more!! I also love Millionaire Hoy's videos'.. a lot of fun and a great challenge.. I will support him too on his new page as a thank you. He puts them all out there for free as well. Pass the kindness along... by supporting all the great people putting so much out there for free to people who need it.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 rep challenge, barlates, linda wooldridge