Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-16, 10:20 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Is there an option to "Favorite" the workouts you like (similar to Barre3)? Thanks!
Yes, you just click the heart in the upper right hand corner of the video. You can then search for your favorites and retrieve them all.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 11:10 AM  
GinaXOXO

Beginner

I haven't seen something reviewed so positively be so many in a long time. So, I am super interested. I've looked at her site and see that she has a beginner category.

I have also seen many of you call her workouts "tough".

I am a beginner beginner ... will her beginner workouts be torture for someone who hasn't worked out in a long time??

TIA
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 12:13 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
I haven't seen something reviewed so positively be so many in a long time. So, I am super interested. I've looked at her site and see that she has a beginner category.

I have also seen many of you call her workouts "tough".

I am a beginner beginner ... will her beginner workouts be torture for someone who hasn't worked out in a long time??

TIA
I don't think they will be "torture". I tried out her free stuff with a very skeptical eye because I have never enjoyed pilates and never really could get the right feel of working. I was worried it would be way too hard for me, but I used her level 1 modifications and maybe didn't do all the reps, took breaks, and very quickly I improved and could do more. I got hooked and have been doing it nearly daily since sometime in October and I can see a lot of improvement in my abilities and also nice definition in my legs. Very happy with PBL!
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 12:56 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I don't think they will be "torture". I tried out her free stuff with a very skeptical eye because I have never enjoyed pilates and never really could get the right feel of working. I was worried it would be way too hard for me, but I used her level 1 modifications and maybe didn't do all the reps, took breaks, and very quickly I improved and could do more. I got hooked and have been doing it nearly daily since sometime in October and I can see a lot of improvement in my abilities and also nice definition in my legs. Very happy with PBL!
This. Plus, with Pilates, it gets harder the better you get at it and the more you understand form. Truly, it's so much tougher now for me than a year ago. I found the same learning curve with barre.
Old 12-30-16, 04:06 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
maybe someone can suggest she make a few dvds for us dinosaurs .
yes!!
Old 12-30-16, 05:58 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
yes!!
It's not cost effective for her to ship from Australia. That's why she moved to streaming.
Old 12-30-16, 06:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I understand how the logistics of producing and shipping DVDs in a shrinking DVD market would not appeal to Lisa. I would be happy with downloads. Cheri, do you think Lisa might consider that at some point?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 07:04 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I understand how the logistics of producing and shipping DVDs in a shrinking DVD market would not appeal to Lisa. I would be happy with downloads. Cheri, do you think Lisa might consider that at some point?
I think she did those at some point but moved so streaming but am not sure what it was that made it easier for her? I could ask her. She's very responsive to questions.
Old 12-30-16, 08:43 PM  
ellaenchanted

Does the price show up as US dollars once you are at the payment point in the checkout?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 09:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No, I don't think it does. I just figured out what it would be by using a currency exchange calculator. The charge on my card was very close to that amount when it processed.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates, pilates by lisa