Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-16, 08:16 AM  
Cher

Fe Fit.....is it worth the higher price now???

Ok, I've been in a exercise slump for a few years. Really dread strength work but try to force myself to do it. I've mainly been doing Jesica & Leslie Walks and an occasional step workout for cardio. For strength I try to do a KCM, KS Project You, occassional JS (don't really care for her strength work) (Used to do mainly Cathe but got burned out). Anyway I have Met Rx which I've only tried a few workouts probably 2 years ago. I started searching on Vf about these and came accross some Fe Fet threads. Now I'm interested in these. I missed the cheaper price a few months ago since I didn't open any threads and read about them. The price on Amazon is now up to $37. Are these worth it still for this price? I'm looking for short strength work (a couple times a week) where I won't talk myself out of doing them and I can mix in my own cardio. Any thoughts?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 08:36 AM  
LizEMA

They have some short videos posted on YouTube,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChy...bLQtnbg/videos

and I would try them out on there first to help you decide if they are right for you/you'd like them before spending the money. I've come across a fair amount of comments from people who tried FeFit and just could not stand the main instructor or the commentary (a lot of "Mommy" talk, etc.)

The only way to know if it would work for you is to give 'em a whirl.
Old 05-21-16, 08:58 AM  
andtckrtoo

I actually don't mind the mommy talk - it better than bikini talk, honestly. As I'm 51 being a mommy or wearing a bikini is way in my past. :P But then again, I can ignore Tanya from P57 and Mike from Tapout XT, so I have a fairly high tolerance.

She can be a little chipper, but I like her workouts. They use light weights, but they do work, and I've used 5's and 8's for some sections.

They used to give a 30 day free trial for streaming, but evidently cut that. In fact now it's $28 for the first 28 days, which I actually think is a bad move on their part, but I'm not the marketing manager.

Is it worth $37? I think the idea of watching the videos on Youtube is an excellent idea. They are really great representatives of what you'll get. The workouts are similar. I actually did Toning 2 and Toning 4 close to each other and realize they were the same workout but with some add ons for 4. Same with the Upper Body. So, that's a bit annoying.
Old 05-21-16, 09:25 AM  
PhyllisG

I really like these workouts. Thirty minutes, no dread, light weights, barre, cardio and stretching. Modifications given. I don't find Hillary, the instructor annoying. I find her motivating and sincere. But then again Tanya from P57 doesn't annoy me either. There is some mommy talk but I just ignore it.
I have done a few rotations with these and got good results. Yes I fit back into my skinny jeans. While some might not care about this, I do.
It also comes with a little booklet of rotations that you can choose from.
I think at that price they are well worth it. But check them out on youtube.
Their customer service is really good.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 09:42 AM  
lizh

I would say this is a good deal! They are solid 30 minute workouts and there are quite a few of them! I passed the first time they were discussed because I was afraid the MOM talk would be annoying, but it didn't bother me and the instructor is pleasant and motivating.

Even though the price went up, that is a good deal!
Liz the enabler
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 10:48 AM  
laurajhawk

I agree with the others. $37 is still a really good price for what you get, but check the clips to make sure you'll enjoy them.

I did over two months of a 4-day-a-week rotation when I first got mine, then after two or three weeks I missed them and started a new 3-day-a-week rotation. That's very unusual for me! But I will say part of the appeal is that it's so easy to sub in other instructors in the rotations (and by the way, you get SO MANY rotations!), so between the huge number of workouts in the set, the variety of workout types, and the ability to sub, it's just an amazingly versatile package.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 10:51 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I'm looking for short strength work (a couple times a week) where I won't talk myself out of doing them and I can mix in my own cardio. Any thoughts?
Fe Fit will work great for this - try the original 3x/week rotation and then you can do your own cardio on the other days. There's a little cardio in almost all the Fe Fit workouts (i.e. jumping jacks between sets in one of the upper body workouts) and there are cardio workouts in the mix, but IMHO there's not quite enough cardio overall and I do add some in on the "off" days. Actually some of the "off" days are labelled "run/walk/relax" so there's a concept of adding your own cardio built into the rotation I guess.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 01:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
They are really great representatives of what you'll get. The workouts are similar. I actually did Toning 2 and Toning 4 close to each other and realize they were the same workout but with some add ons for 4. Same with the Upper Body. So, that's a bit annoying.
Workout 4 of each genre seems to be a kind of "premix" of workouts 1, 2 & 3, they are now labeled on amazon as for example: "Total Body 4 (29:24)(Best of)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Actually some of the "off" days are labelled "run/walk/relax" so there's a concept of adding your own cardio built into the rotation I guess.
I agree, and I like the concept, it somehow make it seems "less restricted" as rotation.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 02:25 PM  
Cher

Thanks everyone! I will checkout the youtube videos. Any other comments are still welcome!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-16, 09:51 AM  
leigh1673

I bought it for $99 and still think it was a good value. So yeah, I think it's definitely worth it for $37!

I really enjoy most of the workouts. There are a few duds, but overall, very solid.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit