Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-16, 04:35 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Go to "upgrade now" which is in the bottom right hand corner on the homepage, or scroll down on the homepage to where it says "Get a Fresh Start Every Week" which is under the success story pictures. If you go to "online workouts" at the top under where it says "Barre3" and click on "new this week" you'll see Sadie's workout.
Ahh, thanks.

So the highest level of membership is $2 more than Physique 57!! Good grief!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 04:58 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I'm just going to ride out the Black Friday gift card I purchased and see which way the wind blows when that's done.
Yep.

I don't need more than what is there now. But if they don't at least continue one free workout per month with the regular plan, I will be upset and will likely not buy from them again.

Even $19 is too much for their regular plan, for me.

And saying they have over 250 workouts is silly, when most of those workouts are actually the ten minute breakdowns of the longer workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 04:58 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I'm trying to figure this out - if I don't upgrade at all, I only get what is in their current library, nothing new? That blows!
It will truly stink it they don't add anymore new workouts to their current library.

It looks like she's letting current subscribers view the first weekly workout. Honestly, I don't see where there's anything special about it. I was hoping for a live class but there is only 2 background exercisers and it still looks scripted.

I wonder how much the exact upgrade charge will be.

In any event, I will wait for Katia Pryce (KP DanceBody) to launch her streaming videos in June or July. Her free weekly live class on Periscope is awesome. Highly recommended if you haven't tried her. She records each Saturday morning but the video is only kept up for 24 hours.

https://www.periscope.tv/KPDanceBody
Old 05-16-16, 04:59 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Ahh, thanks.

So the highest level of membership is $2 more than Physique 57!! Good grief!
That's exactly what I was afraid of. They figure P57 gets more they may as well also. I'm out

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
And saying they have over 250 workouts is silly, when most of those workouts are actually the ten minute breakdowns of the longer workouts.
This.
Old 05-16-16, 05:08 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
That's exactly what I was afraid of. They figure P57 gets more they may as well also. I'm out
Didn't P57 lower their price, though? I've been meaning to ask you about this, because I know you did the one week trial. I saw on their site that they have plans for 'as low as $30 a month.' But I couldn't find a firm answer about their pricing on the site. They seem to only route you to the one-week free trial, then I figured it would tell you pricing options after that.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yep.

I don't need more than what is there now. But if they don't at least continue one free workout per month with the regular plan, I will be upset and will likely not buy from them again.

Even $19 is too much for their regular plan, for me.

Exactly!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:19 PM  
Eibhinn

Aw... I was planning giving Barre3 a try soon, but probably won't with the price increase. With the Canadian dollar in the toilet currently, the old price was about $20/month for Canadians, and now it will be about $25/month. I had almost talked myself into $20, but it will take a bit longer to convince myself to pay $25.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:25 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I previewed Sadie's new workout. It's 30 minutes long. It didn't seem much different than the usual workouts. They are definitely going to push the clothing that they sell...the stuff you get with the premium membership. She makes a comment about it, and it's listed on the sidebar that tells you what equipment you need for the workout.

I'd also like to know what's going to happen with the basic membership content, and I'd like to know more information about the weekly workouts. I'm going to wait it out for now. I have 2 more months on a gift card subscription.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 05:41 PM  
cherimac

I'm not happy either. I can't believe they're raising the price of the regular membership. I pay that for Pilates by Lisa and get a weekly workout rotation and a new workout per week. In December, when my $52 card runs out, I won't te-subscribe, unless something changes.

Tags
barre3