Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-16, 02:54 PM  
antbuko

I've never noticed some of the complaints that folks have with Barre3. My only complaint with it is insufficient upper body work. My upper body rarely feels the burn with Barre3, and honestly, my lower body doesn't burn much either. That said, I still like it. It's very beginner friendly and maybe it will get tougher if I stick with it, as so many have said. Regarding Suzanne Bowen, I would love to try her workouts, but I don't want to have too many streaming subscriptions at one time; I can only do so many. I found some of Suzanne's stuff on youtube, not even realizing that it was her, and I find them very appealing. I don't know if the youtube stuff is up there legally.
Old 01-25-16, 03:33 PM  
cherimac

I've never noticed any grammatical errors in speaking with barre3 and I've done the streaming for a year and a half! That kind of thing bugs me. I find one or two instructors chatty but nothing like P57. As far as personality, one instructor in a non-barre3 site seems a bit pretentious to me, but that's probably just me. We all have likes and dislikes.

Honestly, I would try them out and see. There are barre3 workouts on YT and they have a free trial and I am sure you can find a way to try others out, too.
Old 01-25-16, 04:01 PM  
LauraBella

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Honestly, I would try them out and see. There are barre3 workouts on YT and they have a free trial and I am sure you can find a way to try others out, too.
Do you find the youtube workouts to be pretty representative of the channel's challenge and vibe?

I may very well try them all out, but not all at once. I'm really happy with the responses to my question thus far. Lots of good information. Several of you have mentioned streaming options that are completely new to me!

Old 01-25-16, 05:21 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Barre3 IOS Workout App

For those who have Apple IOS devices, one of the best (and cheapest) ways to try Barre3 videos is their Barre3 App. The app currently includes about 60 to 70 ten-minute workout videos, many of them from the streaming subscription. It also includes their free videos from elsewhere on the web as well as recipes. The current one time price is $4.99 (I paid about $3 for mine several years ago but that was when they had less videos).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barre3/id709892299?mt=8
Old 01-25-16, 06:43 PM  
cherimac

I love the app!

The YouTube workouts are pretty representative. The latest workout has much better music and Sadie said all the new ones being filmed have that type of music too.
Old 01-25-16, 07:00 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Bar Method Online 1st month $10

Bar Method Online currently has a special: 1st month of the Premier Membership $10; then it reverts to the regular price of $30 or $35 a month. Very easy to cancel. I've done the specials a couple of times.

http://go.baronline.barmethod.com/c2158/
Old 01-25-16, 10:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

OH my goodness, you are making me miss my Bar Method streaming!! I let it go at the end of last month, and I'm missing it so much today I pulled out a Bar Method DVD - not quite as good as the streaming, but it worked. I may have to resubscribe.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 10:57 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
OH my goodness, you are making me miss my Bar Method streaming!! I let it go at the end of last month, and I'm missing it so much today I pulled out a Bar Method DVD - not quite as good as the streaming, but it worked. I may have to resubscribe.

Carol
Better hurry. I think this special expires real soon. I got a last chance email today.
Old 01-25-16, 11:01 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Better hurry. I think this special expires real soon. I got a last chance email today.
I've already caved! How can I pass up a month for $10?

Carol
Old 01-25-16, 11:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just a reminder - Bar Method has a few free classes available to stream:

http://baronline.barmethod.com/video/emma-jordan-02/ - a 50 minute beginner level class

http://baronline.barmethod.com/video...mini-class-07/ - a 20 minute beginner class led by Burr.

http://baronline.barmethod.com/video...-miniclass-03/ - a 20 minute mixed level class.

Carol

Tags
barre, barre3, streaming services