Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-15, 07:43 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I barely used the 4 Pure Barre Pure Results I have, in fact, I haven't even done the latest 2, so I'll pass. The trailers on these new ones didn't grab me.

Right now I'm using Barre3 online workouts and I'm loving them! Huge variety and much, MUCH more challenging than their DVD set.

I'll be interested to read the comments on the new Pure Barres, though!
I got 2 of the Pure Results dvds and just listed one on Amazon and will probably list the other - too difficult for me in a P57 type way which many love but I don't. I loved most of the other more moderate intensity Pure Barres so I will wait and see what people say about this series. I think I also missed Cari's instructiion on the Pure Results dvds - kinda like I miss Miranda when I do Sahra's workouts. Maybe I am guilty of ageism but in reverse, I prefer instructors who are a little bit older
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 10:53 AM  
momofcha

I just did the 30 min flex 1 workout this morning. I it. For those of you saying it's more of the "same ole" you are wrong. I've never seen most of the moves in this workout. It was even better than the live classes I took. Huge winner in my book & I hope they keep them coming. I followed it with the 20 min hammer & chisel workout & I could barely do the lower body moves. As with all barre workouts in my opinion, I prefer to add on heavy upper body work & this was the same, but the lower body is tough!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 04:07 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Oh, gosh, I just viewed the clips (linked below). I'm not a fan of Pure Barre live classes or their earlier videos, but I've really enjoyed their recent Pure Results releases and these look good to me as well. I like the direction that the brand is going with these new releases (and the timing of the releases...can't believe that they came out with new releases so soon after Pure Results). I feel like it is new and fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydIfZ7FHoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwVRNYVGrI
Old 10-25-15, 04:36 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Oh, gosh, I just viewed the clips (linked below). I'm not a fan of Pure Barre live classes or their earlier videos, but I've really enjoyed their recent Pure Results releases and these look good to me as well. I like the direction that the brand is going with these new releases (and the timing of the releases...can't believe that they came out with new releases so soon after Pure Results). I feel like it is new and fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydIfZ7FHoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwVRNYVGrI
Agree on all accounts! I love the direction they're going & hope they keep it up!

Old 10-26-15, 01:31 PM  
momofcha

I did Flex #2 this morning. I enjoyed it immensely, but I think I prefer #1. I'm definitely adding these into my repertoire.... Tomorrow I plan on doing all of the 10 minute workouts.

Old 10-26-15, 05:04 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I did Flex #2 this morning. I enjoyed it immensely, but I think I prefer #1. I'm definitely adding these into my repertoire.... Tomorrow I plan on doing all of the 10 minute workouts.
Thanks for the info! If you do the 10 minute workouts, can you tell us if the workout flows well together or if it's disjointed, and if there's a 'play all' option?

ETA: I ordered Pure Barre Results thighs and abs DVDs and can't wait to try them! If I like those I'm going back for the glutes and arms
Old 10-26-15, 05:16 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Thanks for the info! If you do the 10 minute workouts, can you tell us if the workout flows well together or if it's disjointed, and if there's a 'play all' option?

ETA: I ordered Pure Barre Results thighs and abs DVDs and can't wait to try them! If I like those I'm going back for the glutes and arms
They're on tap tomorrow, but i only have the downloads so far & the 10 min workouts are individual files so it might be hard to tell but i will report back.

Old 10-28-15, 08:35 AM  
momofcha

OK, reporting back on the 10 min segments. I only have the downloads right now, so they are 5 individual files. (I just tracked my order and it shows arrived in my hometown, so either today or tomorrow I'll have the DVDs). I did them all. I tried to mimic a class so I started with the total body because it seemed to have the traditional warm up. Keeping in mind with these workouts there is a minimal warm up and no stretching until the last segment - back/stretch. I'm so glad it's done that way because it makes it really easy to string these together for a full 60 minute workout if you have time. Here is how they're broken down:

total body
arms/abs
seat/abs
thigh/abs
thigh/seat
back/stretch

There is WAY TOO MANY AB segments for my liking - but that's because I hate working my abs. Once you're doing the workouts it's fine, I just despise it. Again, the moves are very varied, not repeated at all and some I've never seen before. The ab work is interspersed throughout the workout, so it's not just down to the floor for abs.

Chalisa is a great instructor. She also leads the Abs focus DVD so I'm familiar with her. Excellent cuing. The background girls are different in a couple of segments, so the modifier is on the left and advanced on the right. Sam is the modifier in one segment and she really doesn't like to modify, but Chalisa says what to do, Sam just doesn't do it.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoy these workouts. I did wear my HR monitor because I'm curious at how effective my workouts are and I was completely shocked when it said I burned as many calories as I did in Tracie Long's Reboot 2.

I just finished a month long rotation with Tracie and I'm working on my new rotation which is definitely going to be PB and kettlebells. I'm going to rotate through the PB Results series DVDs and kettlebells as my strength. Can't wait!

Old 10-28-15, 05:22 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for the review, Sue! It sounds like an awesome workout that would string together well! That does sound like a lot of ab work...but glad to hear that it is not all on the mat. I strongly prefer for all the mat work to be mostly in one stretch at the end of a workout.
Old 10-28-15, 06:13 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
OK, I did wear my HR monitor because I'm curious at how effective my workouts are and I was completely shocked when it said I burned as many calories as I did in Tracie Long's Reboot 2!
Impressive! .... I like the clips and the format. Thanks for posting about this.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure barre, pure barre flex