Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-15, 02:40 PM  
jenn38

A little late to the party but...

I just purchased the 21 Day Fix combo pack from Mary. I'm hoping the simplicity of this eating style helps me reach some goals that seem very unattainable. And some new workouts never hurt either.
Old 08-14-15, 03:23 PM  
cpcathy

New workouts always make me feel more motivated!

I had some success with her eating program, I found the containers very helpful, though some here did not. Then my life got out of control and stress took over my eating!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 05:11 PM  
cmarsh4

I still loosely follow the eating program. I didn't connect with the workouts but I think the eating plan makes sense. Several girls here at work are doing it and are having good results.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 06:46 PM  
cpcathy

I didn't click with the workouts either, I gave them to my hygienist and she loves them.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 07:50 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I like the workouts but I really love the container system. It's very simple and straightforward. The results that people are having are really amazing. I belong to several Facebook groups and it's nothing short of inspirational. People of all fitness levels have shared amazing transformations.

I definitely think its worth a try for anyone who has struggled to lose weight. I love systems but most of them don't stress the importance of healthy eating. This one does and actually shows you a simple way to do it......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 08:56 AM  
dela

Me too, just started yesterday. This set seems like exactly what I need right now. A year ago, no way, but wow how things change so quickly.

Pie, thanks for your thoughts on the nutrition side, I needed to hear that.

I have cleared my schedule for the next 3 weeks, I really need a boost in my fitness and weight loss and just want to do a strict plan for a few weeks and then take it from there.

I liked the first workout, went with the modifier on a couple of moves, and even had to modify the modifier for one. I was sweaty, no dread, music was even alright, and the 30 minutes go fast. Yesterday was an insane work day that went very late so I was proud of myself to sticking to my guns and starting yesterday as planned on both fronts, nutrition and the workout. I can definitely see doing additional workouts, but I don't feel like I have to. At a minimum I'll be adding in my 10-15 minute mobility warmup.

I didn't realize how "known" this set is, I kind of forgot there is a world outside of these boards, just like P90X, it seems like everyone knows about this one. It's refreshing to mention a workout video people have actually heard of
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 12:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I like the workouts, but I didn't find the nutrition info booklet helpful. I prefer to follow menus and recipes, not be bewildered in the kitchen with containers and food things. I have found recipes that I really like on Pinterest and from blogs. My favorite bloggers are Fit Mom Angela D, From Forks to Fitness, Honeybee Homemaker, Beach Ready Now, Fits Simple, Sara Stakeley, Healthy, Fit and Focused, Melanie Mitro, Kathy H Fitness. I love food and can cook, but I don't invent recipes.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 12:29 PM  
jenn38

Oh I'm definitely that person with the struggle to lose weight. My exercise is pretty consistent, could probably use some more weight training, but I'm consistent with a 5 day week plan and a variety of exercises.

On the other hand my body does not change no matter how much exercise so something needs to change. My fear with eating program is that it seems to be a little low on the side but I know what ballpark my TDEE is from wearing Fitbit.

Yeah some new bloggers to research. I love blogs.

My set will be here Thursday hopefully. I have been researching everything 21DFX from here to Pinterest.

Tags
21 day fix, 21dayfix, 21df, autumn calabrese