Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-15, 03:25 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Any tips on shortening BTM 1.1???
I usually do the whole BTM 1.1, but I've shortened it a couple of times by doing only the standing leg work (i.e., skipping the bent-over moves with the hands on the ground). You can do one side and then go back to the beginning and then do the other side. I think this makes the workout 40-45 minutes, although I can't remember exactly. I know it's under an hour. You can also count reps and do just 15-20 reps for each move and then switch legs. This would make the workout around 40-45 minutes, too. I don't like counting reps, because I like to get into a Tonique zone and counting reps distracts me, so I recommend the first approach.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 07:35 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Any tips on shortening BTM 1.1???
Like Carb said, I have never broken it up. Even when it first came out, I attempted to do the whole thing and took breaks when needed. That's what helped me build up my endurance to do these 2 hour sessions of Tonique. You got some good ideas on breaking it up by counting reps and switching sides or doing the first 30 minutes and then go back and do the other side. Those are all great ideas. The thing is breaking it up, you will lose the effectiveness of this workout in how it really works the glutes so intensely. I think this workout is her most intense when it comes to lifting and working on the glute area. Maybe you could do one side which would be about 40 minutes one day and then finish the rest of it which is about 35 minutes the next day. That way you would be working your glutes to the fullest. If I had to break it up, that's how I would do it.

Cheryl
Old 02-23-15, 09:23 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Like Carb said, I have never broken it up. Even when it first came out, I attempted to do the whole thing and took breaks when needed. That's what helped me build up my endurance to do these 2 hour sessions of Tonique. You got some good ideas on breaking it up by counting reps and switching sides or doing the first 30 minutes and then go back and do the other side. Those are all great ideas. The thing is breaking it up, you will lose the effectiveness of this workout in how it really works the glutes so intensely. I think this workout is her most intense when it comes to lifting and working on the glute area. Maybe you could do one side which would be about 40 minutes one day and then finish the rest of it which is about 35 minutes the next day. That way you would be working your glutes to the fullest. If I had to break it up, that's how I would do it.

Cheryl
I need to work up to this. I'm not ready to do it all. I realize it won't be as effective, but it will eventually be effective, right?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique royale