Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-14, 05:45 PM  
missaulnier

Ellen is my fave instructor of all time. I'll snap these up as soon as they are released, I'm sure.

"21st century fitness is about energy." - Ellen Barrett
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 03:11 PM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I never liked G&G either and traded it along with Power Fusion. Now I am wondering if I should reacquire them.
Well I did reacquire them and love them both. I did Power Fusion this morning and really appreciated and enjoyed it. There was something about those goddess arms that annoyed me originally but not today. I fid G&G last week and was glad that I got it with Mary's sale along with Sleek Sculpt Express. That proved to be a winner for me also. So anyone have any news of her new ones?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 03:19 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
So anyone have any news of her new ones?
No, sure wish I did tho! Hopefully, someone somewhere has heard something & will post soon ...
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 09:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Just a random thought, do you think she titled these new dvds like she did because of the heat she took for all her "skinny" talk and using skinny in her other titles? I'm still looking forward to the new dvds, regardless of the titles , but that thought crossed my mind since these titles are so different, especially Peace, Love & Cardio.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 03:57 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Any update on new Ellens?
Old 12-04-14, 07:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Any update on new Ellens?
not sure, but what cute beautiful boys you have in your avatar!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 12:28 PM  
atara

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Just a random thought, do you think she titled these new dvds like she did because of the heat she took for all her "skinny" talk and using skinny in her other titles? I'm still looking forward to the new dvds, regardless of the titles , but that thought crossed my mind since these titles are so different, especially Peace, Love & Cardio.
I don't know about that, but I did watch her "Way of the Skinny" on www.ellenbtv.com and I'll be totally honest, I was not impressed over all. I could tell it was from someone who has never really been overweight. There are a few good lifestyle points, but sometimes I think she doesn't quite "get" what binge eating feels and looks like. That's okay - it' really not her area of expertise. I go to Geneen Roth and others for that training and I go to Ellen for the great workouts!
atara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 10:35 AM  
spotted zebra

I'm curious about the content of the Peace, Love & Cardio program and think it may be good (I still need to see a clip first). The title itself isn't original. She's copying the Peace, Love & Zumba slogan.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 11:13 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I'm curious about the content of the Peace, Love & Cardio program and think it may be good (I still need to see a clip first). The title itself isn't original. She's copying the Peace, Love & Zumba slogan which has been around a lot longer.
Oh gosh, I see "Peace, Love and Fill in the Blank" everywhere about all kinds of things.
Old 03-04-15, 11:14 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by atara View Post
I don't know about that, but I did watch her "Way of the Skinny" on www.ellenbtv.com and I'll be totally honest, I was not impressed over all. I could tell it was from someone who has never really been overweight. There are a few good lifestyle points, but sometimes I think she doesn't quite "get" what binge eating feels and looks like. That's okay - it' really not her area of expertise. I go to Geneen Roth and others for that training and I go to Ellen for the great workouts!
I agree. Ellen is my women's health guru and favorite instructor of all time, but she does not know what really being overweight is like. She may have been a little "heavier" in her past, but by no means overweight. I love Ellen's workout and all of her women-centered health advice is spot on though IMO. I will always buy her dvds and I love her books.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen, ellen barrett