Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-14, 09:15 PM  
sunday

I forgot to add that I think Bar Method's Dancer's Body is the hardest barre workout. I've done P57 and wasn't impressed. I still prefer the original PB though.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:22 AM  
laurajhawk

Pure Barre and The Bar Method are similar in their pacing and much slower than P57 -- I think the slower workouts are a different kind of hard. I love P57 and the original PB but I would call PB harder. I am frequently tempted to buy Dancer's Body because I love TBM too

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:29 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
HDM method thighmatics. Absolutely Brutal.
What is this? I have never heard of it.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 10:03 AM  
mbramer

I bought the original Pure Barre workout off eBay or Amazon a few months ago for $19.99. I think it was Amazon. Copies pop up now and again at a reasonable price, but you have to be patient. It helps if you have notifications turned on for searches.
Old 08-12-14, 10:05 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbramer View Post
I bought the original Pure Barre workout off eBay or Amazon a few months ago for $19.99. I think it was Amazon. Copies pop up now and again at a reasonable price, but you have to be patient. It helps if you have notifications turned on for searches.
I have been watching!!!
Old 08-12-14, 10:53 AM  
mbramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I have been watching!!!
Good luck! I checked, and I got my copy from eBay at the end of March. I hope you find a copy soon!
Old 08-12-14, 11:58 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
With the recent thread of Pure Barre i became interested in finding the original Pure Barre dvd, but it is selling used starting at $60.00 and $100.00-$2500.00 new. I also emailed Pure Barre and they said they no longer carry. So what is comparable or you think is the toughest out of any barre workouts/brands? I appreciate any thoughts you can give me.

Thanks

I just saw that the seller on Barnes & Noble lowered his price to $1583.00,
what a deal!!!
Old 08-12-14, 01:39 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
I just saw that the seller on Barnes & Noble lowered his price to $1583.00,
what a deal!!!
Oh my, that's insane!

I agree that PB and TBM are a different kind of hard from P57. I think what you find 'hard' kind of depends on your own strengths and weaknesses. I felt like Leah's Upper Body was crazy hard, and I still do! But I've worked on my UB strength and recently found it much more doable. The first time I tried it I couldn't even get through it!

If you have a lot of cardio endurance work, P57 will probably seem not quite as hard as others find it. Part of the challenge of P57 is keeping up with the pace of it while maintaining good form.

That said, I think P57 Thigh and Seat is one of the hardest I own!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 02:44 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
If you have a lot of cardio endurance work, P57 will probably seem not quite as hard as others find it. Part of the challenge of P57 is keeping up with the pace of it while maintaining good form.
And for THAT kind of hard, how about Cardio Barre Ultimate Advanced? I only got through that one once. Or maybe I'm only pretending to myself that I got through it. Is it as hard as I remember?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 03:04 PM  
Pam

I have Cardio Barre by Richard with 3 workouts(it says 4, maybe the intro is counted as a workout?), including an Advance workout. Is the advance workout on this DVD all that much different from the Ultimate Advanced? Do I need both?

Confession-this is a virgin DVD for me.

Tags
barre, pure barre, thighmatics, toughest barre workout