Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-14, 10:04 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bird View Post
I was having problems with my skin. I added powered collagen and vitamin e. I got compliments on my skin the second day after I added the vitamin e. I hope I am not violating policy with this comment
little bird - Not sure how I missed your post re: collagen and vitamin e. Thanks!
Old 07-15-14, 10:25 AM  
cherimac

Oh and yes...fatigue. For sure.
Old 07-15-14, 11:15 AM  
suzannaerin

All of our comments aside, I do find aging faces much more beautiful than those botoxed, pulled, and otherwise manipulated. Growing old is a privilege, which is sadly not afforded to all.
That said, I'll still pull out my magnifying mirror and don my progressive lens glasses so I can pluck out my black chin hairs. haha!!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 11:19 AM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
little bird - Not sure how I missed your post re: collagen and vitamin e. Thanks!
PM me if you want specifics
Old 07-15-14, 11:41 AM  
lorajc

Hi Ladies - I hope my response isn't too long, but I've had quite a ride with my peri-menopause and now menopausal life so far. I'm currently 54 - to be 55 in October. I started peri around 49, had a test at my doc's office for it as I was having some problems that I had to have a D&C for and then I started having irregular periods, night sweats, constant feeling of PMS, severe insominia, bloating, and the severe feeling of wanting to constantly rip someone's face off. I gained 60 pounds.

I remember having hot flashes SO BAD constantly ....I'd be soaked at work. My hair would be soaked. It was so embarrasing. My customers would always ask me if I was okay as I was always bright red and soaked!!

During this time, I got a few injuries, broke my wrist and had to have a metal plate inserted.....then broke my ankle and foot.....then since I had these injuries, my athletic ability fell from advanced down to intermediate....carrying the extra weight around and healing from those injuries.

Now, that I haven't had a period for about 2 years, my hot flashes are finally starting to subside....don't get me wrong, I still have them, but they are not CONSTANT any longer. My insomnia is only occasional now. The rip your face part is under control a bit as I take an all natural supplement called Estroven.

I do have a belly that I NEVER had when I was younger. This is very discouraging and believe you me!! I'm working on this!

As far as my skin......I've always been dry, but I notice it's dryer. I don't really have any wrinkles....I'm the Queen of serum's and face machines. I have an Ultrasonic machine High Frequency Machine, Red Light Therapy, Galvanic and MicroCurrent!! I refuse to let my face get saggy and wrinkled up.....I guess I'm very vain.

I'm working on things.....slowly but surely I hope someday I will be over all of this and even get rid of my pot belly! I've been monitoring my food intake and trying to lose weight.

I have extreme vaginal dryness.

ETA: Oh, and as far as thinning hair....I use Wen haircare and take hair, skin and nail vitamins to avert this as I don't want to go bald!! It REALLY helps....my hair looks better than ever! I also use an epilator to remove the hair from my face.
I
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 11:54 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

My skin is a bit drier, even in the humid summer. I have a new little menopot and vaginal dryness. That's about it so far, and it's been a few years so I consider myself lucky so far!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 11:58 AM  
sunday

I think much of it is also genetic. On my dad's side, my paternal grandmother had virtually no meno symptoms at all. She was thin and active her whole life and remained that way till she passed. On my mom's side, everyone suffers greatly from meno.

So far I seem to be taking after my dad's side, thank goodness. Much of it seems out of our control, though I do take natural supplements (OTC) to help balance things out.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 12:04 PM  
Exercise Diva

I went through menopause at 32 (I was lucky to have my daughter) and found bioidentical hormones to be a Godsend! I'm 50 now, and my doctor mentioned weaning me off HRT within the next couple of years and I'm honestly terrified to do that. I've not experienced the crepey skin - yet! I've used a loofah in the shower and moisturized my skin every day since my teens and I feel that that has helped a lot with the skin issue. I know though that will be an inevitable change. My biggest beef is that even being on HRT I still get night flashes and my weight is so much harder to control than it was pre-menopause. I used to eat whatever I want in whatever quantities I wanted and I didn't gain weight easily and whatever I did gain came off quickly. Now I feel like I have to eat like a bird to keep at my current weight (which is not my goal weight). I'm learning to accept it though. I've found more than ever that it's important to have a sense of humor about it all because it can drive you crazy otherwise.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 12:33 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
All of our comments aside, I do find aging faces much more beautiful than those botoxed, pulled, and otherwise manipulated. Growing old is a privilege, which is sadly not afforded to all.
That said, I'll still pull out my magnifying mirror and don my progressive lens glasses so I can pluck out my black chin hairs. haha!!
Beautifully said.
Old 07-15-14, 12:34 PM  
cherimac

Double post. My computer was acting wonky.

Tags
aging, bioidentical hormones, facial machines, menopause, peri-menopause, self-esteem, skin care, vaginal dryness, vintage vfers