Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-14, 01:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
And, each 20 minute workout is on its own DVD, which means that if you want to combine them that you have to flip out one DVD, put in the other, sit through the disclaimer, hit Play, and it starts. So, there would be a short lag between them.
that is the one thing that kinda bugs me, but it's somewhat minor. i don't understand why they couldn't combine the workouts onto fewer DVD's - would have saved some plastic and trees, KWIM? has anyone downloaded them onto their computer so that you don't have to keep swapping out discs?

plus, we could have had more programming options (like all cardio mix, all sculpt mix, all Kelsie set, etc.).

it boils down to 4.5 hours of content - there's no commercials on these, IIRC, therefore 2 DVDs would have been enough room.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 01:41 PM  
eaocon

These are some of my favorite dvds...They are my go to when I don't know what else I want to do.
Old 02-11-14, 06:51 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
that is the one thing that kinda bugs me, but it's somewhat minor. i don't understand why they couldn't combine the workouts onto fewer DVD's - would have saved some plastic and trees, KWIM? has anyone downloaded them onto their computer so that you don't have to keep swapping out discs?

plus, we could have had more programming options (like all cardio mix, all sculpt mix, all Kelsie set, etc.).

it boils down to 4.5 hours of content - there's no commercials on these, IIRC, therefore 2 DVDs would have been enough room.
But they can't charge $120 for 2 DVDs. If there had been equipment with the Firm Express, I'm sure they would have put the workouts on fewer DVDs, just as they did with the Zip Trainer.

Tags
firm express