Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-13, 12:58 PM  
Cecelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Debbie and Cecilia, Congrats on your results. I will stick with the program.
I'm glad you're going to stick it out, too. I know I was feeling pretty frustrated in Phase 2, before I finally began to see some results.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 09:54 AM  
yahoo205

I don't see people posting results on Rachel Cosgrove's facebook page. Am I looking in the wrong place?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 10:19 AM  
Cecelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I don't see people posting results on Rachel Cosgrove's facebook page. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I had to join the Drop 2 Sizes by Rachel Cosgrove Group on facebook. It appears to be dedicated to folks doing the rotation. If you scroll through the posting, you will find folks asking questions, and some who have completed the rotation are giving their results. I searched for the group and then asked to join.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 12:19 PM  
yahoo205

any more drop two sizes results?

I have 2 more weeks left of phase 2. haven't lost any size/weight yet. it is definitely harder than phase 1. i don't know if i'm actually getting better at anything. i am a little extra fatigued because I have to double up workouts (back to back which rachel cosgrove said was ok) bc i missed some from busy work schedule and traveling.

The rear foot elevated Bulgarian split squat and plank rows are still tough. my form needs to be better with these.

This has good form tips
RFESS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6a0MwviAXU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXttrJcVTA

Plank Single Arm Row:
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ab-exercise-your-back

Every time I do Plank row at my gym they are pretty insistent that shoulders should be above hands/wrists. Plank row is always hard for the same reason that all plank is hard for me (even tracy anderson), because of all the weight on my wrist in extension. Anyone have any tips for this?

I seriously hope she comes out with a new DVD series. Even if I don't get fantastic results from this I will probably keep it in my rotation because it's my favorite way to strength train. My gym uses a similar model.
Old 08-30-13, 12:37 PM  
MKEMom

I'm in the first week of Phase 2. I'm also struggling with form a bit with the plank rows. I may need to drag out a mirror to check my form next time, because I always feel like my butt is either too high or too low.

So far, I MUCH prefer the Phase 2 workouts to the Phase 1 workouts.

My shoulder strength has increased quite a bit. When I started Phase One, I was using 12s for overhead press, and now I'm using 20s.

My waist is disappearing My arms have gotten smaller and a bit more defined. I know some people were concerned about there not being any isolated bicep or tricep work in this series, but for me I think it's been an advantage. My arms are my biggest problem area, and I think not working those muscles in isolation has helped their appearance. Maybe because I'm not retaining water around that area? Not sure. Anyway, I haven't noticed any lost strength in that area in day-to-day activities.

My pants all fit pretty much the same in the thighs. I'm hoping this changes soon...

I've maybe lost two pounds. It's hard to say. My weight fluctuates a lot.

I agree that I hope Rachel does another series. I really enjoy these workouts and feel like they're perfect for me and my body type.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 01:31 PM  
ellaenchanted

Wow great results for some of you!

I did decide to move on to CLX after forgoing Phase 3 of D2S. I started with the Push phase since I figure doing D2S phases 1 and 2 was enough of a substitute for Burn. I noticed my arm definition has come back within 2 weeks. I also notice core strength already coming back and my pants' waist fitting a little better. Even with attention diet, D2S just didn't do it for me like CLX does for building strength and getting definition.

So, I will use D2S as a "filler" rotation when I need a break from my usual heavy strength or light/endurance/bodyweight rotations. I really enjoyed the workouts although I can understand how some may find the repetition boring.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 08:19 PM  
yahoo205

I think I tweaked my right knee a bit from the Suitcase Deadlift Suitcase Carry (squat with offset weight) with Kettlebell on Phase 2 Strength 2. So bummed, I don't want to get off track.

Really didn't want to take today off but I did because I knew I would regret it.

I think the problem is that with the offset weight I have a tendency to bring the weight slightly forward and that strains my knee. I don't have any knee problems in general.

Any suggestions to do this one better or a modification?

I'm editing this because I think I've been doing it wrong. I've been doing more of a squat than a deadlift. I know it says deadlift in the description but they look like they were squatting and they only showed it from the front. I wish they had showed it from the front. Now I'm irritated with myself. I do wish they had showed this move from the side.
Old 09-01-13, 03:42 PM  
yahoo205

bumping.

also, is phase 3 a lot harder than phase 2?
Old 09-01-13, 04:35 PM  
starbelly

This is a detailed instructional video on how to do a suitcase deadlift with a dumbbell-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePRQacwd6I
This shows a suitcase deadlift with kettlebells http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oNi_zIGw0

I struggled with the deadlift for a while because I thought it had to be done with straight legs (that puts a lot of strain on the lower back). My form improved and I could lift heavier with a barbell instead of dumbbells. That wouldn't work for me as a suitcase deadlift because I feel that I am too short to manage a barbell on the side.

I just finished week 2 of phase 1 and I'm looking forward to moving on!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 05:01 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
This is a detailed instructional video on how to do a suitcase deadlift with a dumbbell-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePRQacwd6I
This shows a suitcase deadlift with kettlebells http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oNi_zIGw0

I struggled with the deadlift for a while because I thought it had to be done with straight legs (that puts a lot of strain on the lower back). My form improved and I could lift heavier with a barbell instead of dumbbells. That wouldn't work for me as a suitcase deadlift because I feel that I am too short to manage a barbell on the side.

I just finished week 2 of phase 1 and I'm looking forward to moving on!
Thanks. These do make it seem more like a deadlift. All the videos I've watched make it seem like more of a squat but I did Phase 2 strength 2 again and Rachel says in the video to "thrust with your hips". I do think it is meant to be more of a deadlift, especially considering that in Phase 2 Strength 1 there is an offset squat. Anyone else have anything that may help me with this?

Also, any tips to maximize rear foot elevated split squat?

Tags
cosgrove, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, finisher, grip strength, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, rachel cosgrove