Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-11-13, 08:45 AM  
SquishyMommy

Sue - I am really interested in JNL too! I was actually going to get it instead of DB, but since I just finished a JMBR rotation I wanted to do something really different. I really can't justify spending the money on another system right now, so I will have to stick with DB for awhile before getting JNL. Let me know how this combo works out for you!
Old 04-11-13, 09:25 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sue, bummer about the strep! Sorry about your awful day the other day, but wow, you are getting quite a haul! You are going to love that vitamix! I'm ust drinking a green drink right now.

Leslie, I got the same haul as you -- Teen Meta and Zuzka yoga. I did the Teen meta #1 MS this morning, followed by some rebounding. I found Teen more boring than meta somehow. I'm not sure why.

Eva, I'm on a seemingly never-ending quest to slim down my lower half! It is looking better, for sure.

I think Tonique standing workouts can definitely count as cardio, though for me it would be too intense to do just DB alternating with Tonique. I'm trying to decide if I should do T&T tomorrow, or Tonique. Any votes?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 11:15 AM  
furmomof6

Checking in with Bikini Bootcamp. This is my 3rd DB workout of the week, woo! I never really thought I could do it. I think resting yesterday really helped. That floor work slays my butt!!

Sue, how is your son feeling? Sorry about the strep! Did your Vitamix come? Your results combining DB & Tonique are inspiring. I think if I were to add a Tonique workout to the mix, it would have to be in place of a DB workout instead of in addition to, but we'll see.

Leslie, I look forward to hearing about what you think of Teen Meta. I'm getting the urge to buy it. Oh, and t/o/m wipes me out bad too! I hope you feel better today!

Eva, I definitely want to shape up my lower half, especially my backside. I do want to tone up all over too, but I think my main focus is also my lower body. The sanctuary has cats, dogs, horses & pigs!

Jennifer, glad you liked your first DB workout! Are you super sore today? Tonique definitely gets my heart rate high enough to count as cardio, but for me, adding it in with DB 3x per week would be too much. It really slays the lower body.

Bee, I just re-read your post and you said the same thing as me about alternating DB with Tonique! I vote for T&T! Interesting that you found Teen Meta boring. Why do you think? I'm curious before buying.

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 11:55 AM  
momofcha

OK, to be clear ladies - when I add in tonique - it's only a section of it - about 15 minutes or so.

YES, the vitamix is on my porch!!! Can't wait to try it out. I bought apples, limes and bananas yesterday in anticipation!

Thanks for asking about my son, he is much better now. We're just waiting it out for him to go back to school. We even did a little bit of homework last night.

I liked the length of JNL - 36 minutes! Right up my alley. I alternated between lifting heavy and slower and then lighter and at the pace they used. I liked it. Because of DB I thought the cardio bursts were easy

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 06:12 PM  
furmomof6

Someone posted in the GD that Dream Body said: "Dreambody Cardio Series will be here before those bikinis are out"

I'm kind of bummed that it's cardio, but I'm still excited that they're coming out soon!

Sue: Glad your son is better! Enjoy your Vitamix!! Your recipe sounds yum!

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 07:22 PM  
momofcha

Vitamix is here - no recipe book?????

Old 04-11-13, 07:33 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Just finished Tabata and Toning. I think all the Tonique I've been doing has paid off because, while it was a still tough, my sense of balance has improved tremendously since the last time I did it and I didn't need to take too many breaks. Though I can say "thank god it's only 45 minutes!"

Like Sue I'm not really doing a full Tonique workout. I'm doing sections of Premiere and 2. I plan on upping DB to two workouts a week and I think I would be overtraining if I did full Tonique workouts with DB, running and TA.

Bee, interesting that you find Teen Meta boring. Do you think it's easier? It looked good on preview and I can't wait to try the band. I have all of Tracy's workouts, including her much not talked about Designer Sculpting Series, as well as a never been opened Abs Continuity. I think I'm going to rotate them all, since I'm having trouble going back to a straight Meta Hip rotation.

Would like to chat more but it's 8:30 and I haven't eaten dinner yet. My DH is on a business trip and when he's not around I slack off with the domestic chores!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 08:14 PM  
momofcha

Christine - I'm intrigued now that they announced they are cardio based, hopefully as awesome as this current set, because I get a huge cardio burn from them.

Bee - yes, teen meta is more boring? I'm glad I didn't bite on that.

I'm pleasantly sore from DB yesterday & JNL today. I'm not sure what ill manage tomorrow - T&T or another JNL. Any votes???

Old 04-11-13, 10:15 PM  
SquishyMommy

Well, my DOMS today weren't as bad as I thought they would be, but I still didn't want to push myself too hard. So for my cardio today I did about 20 minutes of some Blogilates cardio videos. Tomorrow I am on the Tabata and Toning and I can't wait! Very happy that it is only 45 minutes though. It is so difficult to find a full hour or more to work out, but I really think that is what my body is needing right now to start seeing results. I did the first two phases of JMBR and while I felt better and my endurance improved by leaps and bounds, I did not achieve any kind of aesthetic results. After doing my first DB workout yesterday I really think that these are going to kick my results into high gear!

Sue, I think you should try T&T tomorrow. That goes along with the every other day rotation others have spoken of. And if you keep alternating than it should lessen the chance of you burning out on one thing, which is always an issue for me!
Old 04-12-13, 07:05 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Sue, I think you should join Jennifer and do T&T. I don't have JNL, but believe it or not T&T worked out all the kinks I got from running the other day. I woke up pain free this morning.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion