Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-10-13, 09:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi Dreamies! I found myself wide awake again at 2:30am. I finally got up around 2:45 and did the first one in the set -- Fusion Mix, I think it's called? With Darby. The thing that strikes me with these since after my first time doing each -- they all seem to fly by and I can't believe they are over when they are done! I am definitely getting better with each additional time through, too. So nice to notice progress!! I went back to bed a sweaty mess -- good thing it's sheet washing day!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 12:24 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Hi ladies!

I just noticed this thread and read through a lot of the comments. I am doing a combo of DB, TA, Tonique, and the Couch to 5K running program, so I'd like to join this check in! My goal is to do at least 2 DB workouts a week, 2 TA, 2 Tonique's and run/walk every other day. I may - in fact I know I will be modifying as needed until the end of June when school gets out. I'm a school nurse. After that I will have more time in the summer to devote to my workouts.

Add me to the list of insomniacs around here. I woke up at 3am and didn't fall back to sleep until 5:30. Then I had to get up at 6. I could never work out in the morning for that reason!

This week I've managed to do Tonique Premiere lunge and squats, Tonique Cardio Mat and Week 2 Day 1 of C25K. Tonight after I pick up the kids from their riding lesson I'm going to do TA Meta Hip. I'm on the last 10 days of the first month with Meta. I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped this series!

Tomorrow I'm doing DB T&T. I love that workout, but I don't use gliding discs since they don't work on puzzle mats. I also want to do the Barre workout - maybe Saturday. I haven't tried the 2 fusion workouts yet but they seem to be a favorite around here. Looking forward to reading everyone's check ins later!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 12:36 PM  
furmomof6

Hi ladies! Checking in with a rest day from formal exercise. Every Wednesday, I spend 3.5-4 hours cleaning an animal sanctuary where I volunteer so I count that as activity! I am really sore and kind of tired now so I'm just going to stretch and resume DB tomorrow.

Bee, I tossed and turned all night. I hate having insomnia. At least you made good use of your time! I bet you slept like a baby when you got back to bed.

Eva, I'm still working up to being on my toes the whole time. I actually wear sneakers when I do these workouts. I have to due to a problem with a bone in one of my feet. I use 1# weights and still had to put my arms down throughout the workout.

Hi, Leslie! It's nice to have more people join. I can't count how many times I started and stopped Meta Glute, lol. Your plan sounds good. People are reporting great results with those three styles of workouts! Sorry for your insomnia too. It's the worst when you have to get up and work all day.

Hi Sue!

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 01:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I am astounded at how many of us are mixing DB, Tonique, and TA -- it's funny, and fun!! I did make it through all 90 days of meta once, but I have definitely picked it up and dropped it many times, too!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 03:14 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I am astounded at how many of us are mixing DB, Tonique, and TA -- it's funny, and fun!! I did make it through all 90 days of meta once, but I have definitely picked it up and dropped it many times, too!
Great minds think alike!

Yesterday was the absolute day from hell - today I did TA Omni Continuity. If I have time, I may do some DB Fusion Mix this evening. I just found out my son has strep throat, so we may need to console ourselves in ice cream instead

JNL Fusion is waiting for me at home!!! I'm going to try one of those tomorrow.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 07:27 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Sue, strep is going around our school. We have next week off and I'm looking forward to airing out the school and getting rid of these germs!

No workout tonight. It's TTOM and my energy level is low, so I'm giving myself a break tonight.

I received Zuzuka's Yoga workout, as well as TA Teen Meta today. Jackpot! These workouts shipped fast! I'll let you know what I think of them. Will be doing DB T&T tomorrow as well as the leg section of Meta Hip since I couldn't do it today.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 07:34 PM  
momofcha

That is a jackpot Leslie! I got JNL, some shoes & my vitamix comes tomorrow!! Major jackpot!!!

I did dream body fusion mix this evening. A little and I mean little easier.... But just as much fun!!!

Tomorrow will be JNL. Can't wait to see what this is all about.

Old 04-10-13, 08:26 PM  
deineira

Hello Everyone,

Today I did Cathe Hardstrikes from the XTrain series. Tomorrow is DB Bikini Bootcamp, first time through. I've only seen the clip on Mary's site, but this one looks a little easier to follow along with, so hopefully it will go smoothly. It's taken me longer than the run time to get through the first three because I am pausing and rewinding them.

Leslie, welcome to the check in! How long ago did you start doing the DB workouts?

It is interesting how we're all doing similar rotations...I wonder if we have similar goals? Mine is to find a new way to slim my bottom half. I'm not happy with how thick my thighs are, and I definitely have a generous rear that I'm trying to shrink. It's coming along, but not the way I want it too. I'm hoping these workouts mixed with Tonique will do the trick by working my lower body out differently.

Bee, sorry about your sleepless night. Getting up in the middle of the night to do DB is pretty hardcore! I just lie there and pray for more sleep.

Sue, I'm sorry your little one has strep. That stinks. I wish him a speedy recovery. Is he home for a few days? I have no kids so I'm kind of uninformed about how that stuff works. I'm looking forward to your JNL feedback. I have seen some clips and don't think she and I would make a good match.

Christine, hope you enjoyed your day "off", although it sounds like you were plenty busy. What animals do they have at the sanctuary?

Ok, I really need to hit the hay.

Take care,
Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 09:48 PM  
SquishyMommy

Hello All!

I received my dvd set on Monday, but tonight was my first chance to try it out. I did the first dvd, Fusion Mix, and it...was...awesome!!! I loved it! I knew it was going to be tough, so let myself take breaks when needed, and modified when needed. I can definitely say that JMBR, as much as I loved it, did NOT prepare me for all the inner thigh work!

I'm sure from the muscle fatigue I got after the workout that I'm probably going to be suffering from some serious DOMS tomorrow. I like the bootcamp idea of 3 workouts a week alternating with cardio. I think for my cardio tomorrow I will do some Zumba Fitness on my Wii. I haven't attempted Tonique BTM yet, do you all think that could count as cardio on some days?
Old 04-11-13, 06:50 AM  
momofcha

Jennifer - I do alternate DB with tonique btm & honestly my thighs & butt have never looked better! I was admiringmy thighs this morning actually - they are strong, but not thick & I have great inner thigh definition. All because of dream body!

Eva - yes, my son is home until Monday. My dad is watching him today & I will work from home tomorrow.

Today was JNL shoulder shredder. I am already sore! I went into it a little doms-y from DB yesterday - but I feel spent right now!!! I love that feeling!!!

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion