Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-08-13, 07:17 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Christine - any time you see huge losses like that in a relatively short amount of time there usually is "over-exercising" involved.

I'm curious when these new DVDs will be available! I can't wait.
I guess I was being naive!

I'm curious too! Do you remember how long it took for this last set to come out after they announced it? I was late to the game and didn't know about them until they were already available.

ETA: I just told DH about it and he goes "you can do it!" I said, sure if you never want dinner, a clean house and have a cranky zombie for a wife, lol. He was kidding though and not suggesting I workout like that.

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 08:42 PM  
momofcha

I heard about the last batch right before they were released so I have no idea how long it took from filming. I hope it's super soon!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 08:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

That is a crazy workout schedule that woman had! But I have to say, on this program I've been doing with Mindy -- it's been 90 days and there are people who have lost 20, 25, and even 30 pounds and I know they haven't been working out like that and they haven't been starving themselves. They did have a fair bit to lose. I lost 11-12 pounds in that time. I didn't do crazy hours of workouts and didn't starve myself.

And speaking of "starving". Sue, I'm also worried about getting the really hungry feeling. I think I'm going to have to watch it and scale back if I feel that way, or even just too tired. I just can't seem to keep up the really intense stuff every day any more.

I don't know what Pump It Up is, either (other than being a local indoor inflatible birthday party place ), but I will check it out!

Oh, I was going to comment on other things, but I've had this window open for quite a long time now and I've forgotten.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 08:58 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
That is a crazy workout schedule that woman had! But I have to say, on this program I've been doing with Mindy -- it's been 90 days and there are people who have lost 20, 25, and even 30 pounds and I know they haven't been working out like that and they haven't been starving themselves. They did have a fair bit to lose. I lost 11-12 pounds in that time. I didn't do crazy hours of workouts and didn't starve myself.

And speaking of "starving". Sue, I'm also worried about getting the really hungry feeling. I think I'm going to have to watch it and scale back if I feel that way, or even just too tired. I just can't seem to keep up the really intense stuff every day any more.

I don't know what Pump It Up is, either (other than being a local indoor inflatible birthday party place ), but I will check it out!

Oh, I was going to comment on other things, but I've had this window open for quite a long time now and I've forgotten.
Bee - when is Mindy's program going to be available? I'm definitely intrigued.

I'm still searching for the perfect program - but I know there is no such thing. I'm just going to do what I enjoy & watch what I eat & call it a day. I worry about being hungry & eating out of boredom. But there are days I am starving too. I'm hoping my new vitamix will help solve that by filling me up with fruits & veggies.

Old 04-09-13, 08:35 AM  
furmomof6

I'm trying to do these in order but couldn't face Tabata today so I did Barre Intensity, followed by a 30 min walk. Holy cow, was that tough!! I had to keep putting my arms down. It makes me feel better that Brooke has to keep putting her arms down too.

Sue, I hope the new workouts come out soon too! I have a Green Star for juicing and a Ninja for my smoothies. You will love your Vitamix! I just had a mango, banana, spinach smoothie this morning. It was so good and filling (you don't even taste the spinach!)

Bee, I agree about not having to workout that hard. I give her credit for working towards her goals and glad it's working for her, but I would not be able to function working out that much. It would be counter productive for me. I already feel like I'm pushing it with a DB workout and walking the same day, lol.

I am also interested in those Mindy workouts. I remember you talking about it in the GD. I really need to find moderation in all areas of life, especially diet & exercise. Congrats on your results!

Hi, Eva!

Have a nice day! It's 76 here again, I love it!!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-09-13, 11:45 AM  
deineira

Hello,

I did get a response from the Dream Body staff. I am going to post my email and their response below:

My email:
Greetings,
I am a member of the videofitness.com online forum, and there a lot of raves on the board about the Dream Body 5 DVD set. Many have reported amazing results from your series. Based on this feedback, I recently purchased and received the 5 DVD set and started my rotation with them on Friday. I have only done two workouts so far, but I am finding them to be challenging and motivating.

A few of us have started a daily check in where we commit to encouraging each other through our Dream Body journey. One of the members saw that there was a 12 week bootcamp that started yesterday, and recommended that we follow along. Some of us will be doing the bootcamp from afar, as best we can.

The question I have for you relates to the type of cardio work that you recommend to the bootcamp participants on the alternating days when they are not doing Dream Body workouts. Can you share any information with me about what you recommend to your onsite participants? We'd like to follow along as closely as possible, and we are curious about this aspect of the bootcamp plan.

Quite a few of us are also doing Tonique and Tracy Anderson workouts, and planned to use that as our cardio, but we would welcome any insight that you can provide into what is the ideal recommendation from Fusion Fitness.

Thank you in advance and thanks to the team there for such creative and inspiring workouts.

Their Response:

Hi Eva!
I am so glad to hear you all love our Dream Body workouts as much as we do! Thanks for your interest in our WLBC 12 week session. It is a very timely request, as I have a meeting this Friday to explore online options, etc. I will keep you posted on that information.

Considering there is no time like the present, kudos for starting now!!! Group accountability is key. Keep each other motivated. I supplement the videos with my favorite filler...treadmill interval workouts! Other cardio classes are also great as long as they are intense & burn some major calories.

Best wishes on your 12 weeks!!! I will keep you posted, but also check in occasionally.

I love that you all are seeing amazing results from our workouts. A new batch of videos was shot this weekend...so keep your eyes out for those in the upcoming months.

Thanks!

I will check in later when I am home and have done my workout, but wanted to share this with all of you.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 11:57 AM  
furmomof6

Thanks, Eva! What a nice email you sent, as well as their reply. I'm so excited that they're really exploring online options, since Shawna (the one in charge of bootcamp) told me that it never occurred to them before until I asked!

I'll probably just stick with walking for now since it's my favorite thing to do and the DB workouts are intense enough for me already, but I'll be open to adding in more "intense" type cardio sessions here and there as my body can handle.

Thanks again for sharing!

Old 04-09-13, 01:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Christine. The Mindy program is both workouts and a sort of eating/lifestyle "thing". It's nothing drastic, very simple, and extremely sustainable. I'm not sure when it will be coming out. The workouts are tabata-like -- she will be calling them "microbursts" but do involve cardio & strength. I will certainly let you know when I hear anything about a date!

I had a workout fail this morning! I was up in the wee hours of the morning for way too long -- I thought about getting up then and working out, and I guess I should have, because when I finally fell asleep I slept through my workout time. I am just recovering from poison oak, and last night was the first night I tried to sleep without taking an antihistamine and I guess my body was not so happy. I have no time the rest of the day to get a workout in, so I will hit Dream Body tomorrow!

I loved reading the response you got from them about the on-line stuff -- thanks for sharing!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 01:33 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hello,

I did get a response from the Dream Body staff. I am going to post my email and their response below:

My email:
Greetings,
I am a member of the videofitness.com online forum, and there a lot of raves on the board about the Dream Body 5 DVD set. Many have reported amazing results from your series. Based on this feedback, I recently purchased and received the 5 DVD set and started my rotation with them on Friday. I have only done two workouts so far, but I am finding them to be challenging and motivating.

A few of us have started a daily check in where we commit to encouraging each other through our Dream Body journey. One of the members saw that there was a 12 week bootcamp that started yesterday, and recommended that we follow along. Some of us will be doing the bootcamp from afar, as best we can.

The question I have for you relates to the type of cardio work that you recommend to the bootcamp participants on the alternating days when they are not doing Dream Body workouts. Can you share any information with me about what you recommend to your onsite participants? We'd like to follow along as closely as possible, and we are curious about this aspect of the bootcamp plan.

Quite a few of us are also doing Tonique and Tracy Anderson workouts, and planned to use that as our cardio, but we would welcome any insight that you can provide into what is the ideal recommendation from Fusion Fitness.

Thank you in advance and thanks to the team there for such creative and inspiring workouts.

Their Response:

Hi Eva!
I am so glad to hear you all love our Dream Body workouts as much as we do! Thanks for your interest in our WLBC 12 week session. It is a very timely request, as I have a meeting this Friday to explore online options, etc. I will keep you posted on that information.

Considering there is no time like the present, kudos for starting now!!! Group accountability is key. Keep each other motivated. I supplement the videos with my favorite filler...treadmill interval workouts! Other cardio classes are also great as long as they are intense & burn some major calories.

Best wishes on your 12 weeks!!! I will keep you posted, but also check in occasionally.

I love that you all are seeing amazing results from our workouts. A new batch of videos was shot this weekend...so keep your eyes out for those in the upcoming months.

Thanks!

I will check in later when I am home and have done my workout, but wanted to share this with all of you.

Eva
Thanks for sharing, what a sweet note you wrote, and received!

Can't wait for these! Have I said that before, I apologize

Old 04-09-13, 07:41 PM  
deineira

Hello!
I was very impressed with Shawna's response and very appreciative that she got back to me so quickly. I like the idea of an online bootcamp, but it may get going to late to benefit me this time around.

Christine, kudos to you for planting the seed of an online bootcamp

Ok, it's late so this will be quick. Today I did the Barre workout. Another doozy. It was difficult, but I did get through most of it. My foot was cramping like crazy by the end of it, so I'll have to work up to doing it on my toes. I also have 2# weights and was not able to complete all the reps, but I don't want to get 1# weight so I'll just do as much as I can until I get stronger.

All in all, another good workout today.

Tomorrow I have Hard Strikes from Cathe's XTrain series scheduled.

Eva

P.S. I will not be doing 12 workouts per week and I did not get the impression that the DB bootcamp requires that. I think that was that person's decision to get fast results, but I have a full time job and I don't have that kind of spare time.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion