Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-13, 12:40 PM  
deineira

Hello Everyone,
Bee, I am definitely interested in a 12 week, 3x per week DB rotation. That is just about what I had planned...I wanted to do these through the summer. That takes me a little farther out, but that sounds good. I will admit that I have exercise attention deficit, so I may not be able to survive 90 days, but I am willing to give it a try. Count me in! I think I can sustain that pace of exercise, since I'm usually doing Cathe 6 days a week. The DB exercises, although challenging, seem less "brutal" to me, if that makes any sense. It will be nice to lay off the constant high impact for me for a while. I also did Premiere with my own music yesterday and it made a HUGE difference for me. It was so much faster and more pleasant. I'm only doing it that way from now on. As far as Mindy is concerned, I have seen clips for her Tabata with Toys workout and it looked like fun.

Today I did T&T as planned. I did not add on as I am going to spend about an hour or so in my garden. I'd rather be outside that cooped up in here doing videos, so I'll take the rest of my workout to the yard. I liked this workout. It was effective but doable. The ab work with the legs pulling in while balanced on one's side is always SOOO hard for me. It' hurts my back, but I am going to commit to doing as much as a I can for this series and measure my progress. I did the modifier for those moves, but I tried to do everything else as advanced. I switched back and forth for some. My balance also sucks, so these are hard for me that way too. These workouts are very unique and creative, and are working my body in a completely different way. I do wish they would slow down a wee bit because I think the moves are great but the quality suffers because they are so quick, but I'm going to just do my thing and use them as a guide.

Jennifer, your plan is pretty much identical to mine workout-wise too, so this should be fun. I'm so glad that there are others working through these series. I think we are bound to get some amazing results, especially since we'll be encouraging and supporting each other. Hopefully the check-in will inspire us to stay focused.

Welcome Squishymommy. I just ordered BTM from Mary too, but have not received it yet. I am probably going to save that one for a bit, maybe break it out in six weeks or so. I'm still exploring Premier and Tonique 1.1 and 1.2.

Ok, off to do some gardening...have a good afternoon.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 09:08 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning, all! Well, today was a Tracy day for me, so still no DB! Tomorrow, for sure. I did Glute day 51-60, I think it was -- the white cami. Then I did both arm sections from TA Mat, and followed it off with Tracy Campoli's Perfect Arm workout from youtube. Hope to get some cardio in later. I think I've rolled back around to the first DB, so that's what I'll do tomorrow.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 09:50 AM  
furmomof6

Today is my cardio day; I'm checking in with an hour long brisk, hilly dog walk! It's almost 70 here today, so it was perfect!

I'm measuring my progress too. I actually weighed in, took measurements AND pictures! I've never done all that before. I'm hoping to see measurable changes by the summer.

Bee, I made it through Meta Glute Level 6 and got burned out. I did like what it was doing for my bum though.

Eva, I'm glad you liked Tabata! The day after I do that one, I can barely breath my abs hurt so bad. It's know it's from pulling my legs around in plank with the discs. My balance is bad too, I tip over quite often during a lot of the one legged moves, lol. I like being outside too! Your garden sounds nice.

Waves to all!

My shop www.LivingWordDecor.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 10:39 AM  
momofcha

I went for a nice long 5 mile walk yesterday after my Dream Body Fusion so today I was sore! I did CLX Burn 2.

I'm concerned though, do you guys think it's possible that doing these might be too intense? I feel like I have been super hungry lately and therefore, eating too much, therefore my summer pants are all snug! I'm not necessarily attributing it to these alone, but I don't know why that would happen, unless it's just an age thing?

At any rate, I'm going to monitor my progress and also add in TA - as that really defined my midsection like nothing else. I struggle though, because there is dread. I may just focus on her standing and floor ab sections and go from there. I really enjoy the DB series and I love alternating with Tonique...

Any thoughts?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 10:47 AM  
furmomof6

Sue, your hunger could very well be from the DB workouts, or the heavy lifting with CLX or even Tonique. I think combined, those are all pretty intense. I was worried about DB making me more hungry too so I'm going to keep an eye on that now that I'm shooting for 3x per week. I used to do TA too and liked how Glute was shaping my backside, but I got burned out and started dreading it too. Maybe you need a change, like Teen Meta? Maybe you're just dreading Meta and need a totally different TA workout.

ETA: I don't think it's an age thing because the hunger thing has happened to me all throughout my life depending on how intense my workouts have been. I know for me personally, Tonique will make me want to eat everything in site. It's too bad because I was loving BTM (even though I was only attempting 30 min at a time!)

Have you seen this "how do you handle the hunger" thread in GD? http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=hunger

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-08-13, 12:07 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Sue, your hunger could very well be from the DB workouts, or the heavy lifting with CLX or even Tonique. I think combined, those are all pretty intense. I was worried about DB making me more hungry too so I'm going to keep an eye on that now that I'm shooting for 3x per week. I used to do TA too and liked how Glute was shaping my backside, but I got burned out and started dreading it too. Maybe you need a change, like Teen Meta? Maybe you're just dreading Meta and need a totally different TA workout.

ETA: I don't think it's an age thing because the hunger thing has happened to me all throughout my life depending on how intense my workouts have been. I know for me personally, Tonique will make me want to eat everything in site. It's too bad because I was loving BTM (even though I was only attempting 30 min at a time!)

Have you seen this "how do you handle the hunger" thread in GD? http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=hunger
Thanks for the link. I have seen it and I'm watching it. I also just ordered a vitamix and I'm hoping I can "fill" myself up with some good fruits and veggies very soon!

I am going to keep an eye on what I'm doing how I'm feeling more closely. I'm enjoying these too much! They are the most cardio intensive workouts I've ever done because I hate cardio - but LOVE these. I think that's why they fit so well to my life - it gives me the cardio I need, but I actually enjoy it.

I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing, but keep an eye on it. Realistically I don't think I can manage DB more than twice/week so we'll see how it goes.

thanks!

Old 04-08-13, 06:14 PM  
deineira

Hello,
Sounds like everyone had some great workouts/activity today. Today was a cardio day for me too, so I tried to do this new Patrick Goudeau dance workout I just bought but that was a bust because I did not know the moves and it was pretty complex. So I scrapped that and did the Pump It Up cardio workout on YouTube. Have you guys seen that? I love it. Then my neighbor came by and so did my landscaper, so I barely got 35 minutes in today.

Sue, I have experienced what you describe as far as increased hunger when I'm doing a lot of heavy lifting, but I have found that when I'm not lifting heavy, I don't eat as much. I still am kind of nibbly though, so I just try to eat fruit, lean proteins, olives, and drinking a cup of tea in the evening also keeps the snacking at bay for me. I do think these workouts burn a decent amount of calories, but they are the same intensity (or a little less) as my usual Cathe workouts, so there's no difference in that regard for me. You could try a cup of fruit flavored tea at night, I have found that works wonders.

BTW, what is CLX? I've seen that here in the forums, but I don't know what workouts those are.

I actually emailed the Fusion Fitness folks today to see if they would share some information about what kind of cardio they recommend to the bootcamp participants, but I have not received a response yet. I'll post it here if they get back to me (I hope they do!)

Tomorrow is another DB day, I think it's Barre. This will be my first time through this workout.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 06:19 PM  
momofcha

Eva - thanks. CLX is a BB program from Chalene Johnson. 3 phases of lifting heavy, but slow.

Tomorrow for me will be TA I think.

Old 04-08-13, 07:03 PM  
furmomof6

Eva, I haven't seen the Pump it Up cardio on Youtube, but I'll check it out! Please let us know if you hear back from anyone at Fusion!

As for the bootcamp, I had messaged a girl on FB who I noticed went through the boot camp 2x now and is on her third. I asked her about the workouts and this was her reply :

"Sorry for the delay....I do 12 wkouts a week. Typically 2 group circuit bootcamp sessions. 3-4 readmill days using different speeds and inclines. 2 spin classes then 4-5 fusion classes. It's crazy but each workout helps in a different way"

So, I'm not sure if they have everyone workout 12x a week, or just her. That was all the info she gave me. I could never keep up with that.

Old 04-08-13, 07:13 PM  
momofcha

Christine - any time you see huge losses like that in a relatively short amount of time there usually is "over-exercising" involved.

I'm curious when these new DVDs will be available! I can't wait.

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion