Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-13, 10:37 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I tried Fusion Mix today. I followed the modifier a lot and used a mini-ball when I could since I am not very nimble with the large stability ball. I made it!!!! I could not do all the things they did (was able to get my leg through but then had problem getting back to the low second position plie in one combo), and I was a lot slower, but it helped to look away when they were doing things like ballerina burpees. In that way, I didn't feel discouraged if I couldn't go as fast as they did.

I agree with others that this series is not barre-like. It is a more feminine version of calisthenics/bootcamp. I can see how it produces good results; very intense.
Good for you!!
Next time will go even better.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 10:59 AM  
Snuckles

I just wanted to plop in to say, I'm loving DB as well. My plan is to try to do at least 3 of these workouts a week. I may throw in an ART method workout here or there and thinking about Tonique Premier.

The only DB I haven't tried is the Barre one. For some reason, mentally I can't bring myself to doing an hour of barre.
Old 03-26-13, 11:05 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post

The only DB I haven't tried is the Barre one. For some reason, mentally I can't bring myself to doing an hour of barre.
Only about half of this one is at the barre. The rest of it has similar exercises to the other DVDs. It's a fun one!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 11:35 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Only about half of this one is at the barre. The rest of it has similar exercises to the other DVDs. It's a fun one!
Yes, only around 20 minutes of it is actual "barre", and the workout itself is only 45 minutes!

I'm back at these as well! I just did Bikini Bootcamp yesterday! I tried P57 a few years ago and just didn't like them. These are totally different.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 12:09 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Do it! LOL I didn't really care for this one and bikini bootcamp at first, but they have grown on me and I so look forward to barre and bootcamp day in the rotation! They're probably my favorites now.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 12:48 PM  
momofcha

I'm glad you caved Phyllis. I really really really still enjoy doing these and I know I'm improving each time.

I hope you love them as much.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 01:20 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I tried Fusion Mix today. I followed the modifier a lot and used a mini-ball when I could since I am not very nimble with the large stability ball. I made it!!!! I could not do all the things they did (was able to get my leg through but then had problem getting back to the low second position plie in one combo), and I was a lot slower, but it helped to look away when they were doing things like ballerina burpees. In that way, I didn't feel discouraged if I couldn't go as fast as they did.

I agree with others that this series is not barre-like. It is a more feminine version of calisthenics/bootcamp. I can see how it produces good results; very intense.
Yeah Sharon!! I like your description of these workouts: a feminine version of bootcamp. That sounds right.

I also agree with you about going at your own pace. When I received the original DB and previewed it, I didn't get scared because I've already done Tonique workouts. In both cases, I just told myself that I'm not going to look at the screen except at the beginning of each exercise. That way, I can just get in a zone and go at my speed. I just keep moving and I don't worry if I'm faster or slower than the instructor.
Old 03-26-13, 02:00 PM  
PhyllisG

I did that with TA's Meta too. I would decide how many reps I could get done in Tracey's time frame and then be sure to balance each side until I could actually keep up with Tracey's count.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-13, 09:36 PM  
leopard

How much jumping is there in the original DB workout? Asking out of consideration for my neighbors who live below me
leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-13, 10:13 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard View Post
How much jumping is there in the original DB workout? Asking out of consideration for my neighbors who live below me
Minimal. I modify everything to low impact.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body fusion