Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-12, 05:10 PM  
TinaT

BBL Results & Who Uses This On A Regular Basis?

Once again, this is one of those systems that I had, but never tried and traded it away without opening.

Who has seen the results it claims to have .. or even close? I'm reconsidering it again...
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 05:45 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

I haven't done a BBL only rotation in order to measure results but H&T is one of my favorite workouts out of my entire collection. A nice short workout that uses the band and ankle weights. Just did it today, as a matter of fact. I also use Bum Bum but don't really use the others. Even though I only use those two I would still rebuy the set if something happened to them. But I remember BBL being on the list recently of systems people wished they hadn't purchased so obviously others don't love them as much as I do.

Debbie
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 05:56 PM  
TinaT

I do like what is described in Bum Bum and High & Tight. If I understand right, BB has lots of lunges/squats but there's enough variety and not an overload of reps with each set. True?

I adore what I'm reading about with High and Tight. Floor work is the "bomb-diggity". Especially with ankle weights. I've put it on my WL on the exchange .. we'll see.
Old 04-11-12, 06:13 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

It's been a while since I've done Bum Bum but I don't remember being an overload of reps with each set. It's too short for that.

H&T combines two of my favorite things -- short and floorwork.
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 10:02 PM  
NotThatGirl

I really like High & Tight too. I still haven't managed to even pop in Sculpt and I am not into Bum Bum. Cardio Axe is fun though and a nice change for cardio. I have been inconsistent for so long though, I am actually just starting over with all my workouts.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 07:04 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

Individually I liked the workouts but didn't love them. Last year I attempted to do the rotation as written and dreaded it big time. After a month I gained 5 lbs and was at my highest weight in the past two year. I'm not sure if the workouts made me hungrier or if I ate more to reward myself for sticking with the rotation even thought I didn't enjoy it!

Either way, I didn't enjoy BBL and didn't get positive results.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 07:05 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't know what it was with those workouts but they just didn't jive with me. The cardio was awkward, I didn't like the switching back and forth from the set inside and some footage on the beach. I know a lot of people loved Leandro and thought he was adorable, but I just didn't.

I think I had that set twice--purchased, traded. Decided to give it a go again and it just wasn't my cup of tea so I traded it again.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 07:55 AM  
Kesal

I have done a couple of BBL rotations, not quite as outlined, but pretty close. I really like the system, and Leandro! I'm not looking to lose weight, so I hardly ever see dramatic results from anything, but BBL does make a measurable difference. Minor, but measurable.

IIRC, I lost a bit from my waist, and gained a bit at my butt (which it needs). Plus, before doing BBL the first time, I failed the famous "pencil test", and passed it afterward . I have a bothersome hip/IT band thing, and BBL helped a bit. Most importantly, the workouts are a lot of fun for me, with no dread factor. Results couldn't get me to do the workouts if they weren't fun.

I think I should pull this set off my shelf again!
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 08:22 AM  
TinaT

I know I never really gave Turbo Jam a chance and now I like it. Yes, I modify a ton to make it doable, but I still enjoy it. So, I thought to myself .. why didn't I give BBL a chance? I think these to systems would be a great a combo eventually.

I've never been able to do just one method .. combining a couple together is more motivating for me.
Old 04-12-12, 11:22 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesal View Post
I have done a couple of BBL rotations, not quite as outlined, but pretty close. I really like the system, and Leandro! I'm not looking to lose weight, so I hardly ever see dramatic results from anything, but BBL does make a measurable difference. Minor, but measurable.
Me too, all of that. (OK, well I'd LIKE to lose weight, but it's never my primary goal - it's those vanity pounds.) I really like what BBL does for my legs and abs, and I think it's fun.

Bum Bum does have a ton of squats & lunges but there are a zillion variations and it's a short workout. It doesn't feel like overkill to me, and I mostly hate squats & lunges. You can also mix it up by using Bum Bum Live, which is on the disc but not on the rotation; it has slightly different moves.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro, leandro carvalho