Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-11, 07:42 AM  
marymc

Peak 10 Cardio Strength

Happy Friday!

I'm thinking of adding Peak 10 Strength to my collection. (I have a couple stubborn pounds to "shock off".) Can I use 3 and 5 lb weights for this? (For reference, I use 5lbs for Pink Firms, 3lbs for Tonique.)

For those that have this and the Pure Cardio, which would you recommend for my goal?

As always, thank you!
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 08:27 AM  
daisyfit

Cardio Strength is a good workout and it is effective but I found Michelle's your best body series really good too. I think they're on offer for less than 20 dollars and you get three workouts - a cardio workout, a cardio strength and a strength workout and a resistance. When I had a few pounds to lose, I found these three workouts amazing. I think Michelle's peak workouts are harder but excellent as well but her best body series could be a good starting point.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 09:24 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Michelle encourages you to go as heavy as you can. I think 3s and 5s might be a bit light to produce results. I use 7s and 15s, though need to drop to 12s on the second set of one of the heavys. But that said, it's a great workout, and you should start where you can and if possible, push yourself to go a little heavier. In a short bit of time I definitely started noticing better definition in my arms from her Peak 10 Challenge rotation.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 03:49 PM  
kariev34

I think cardio strength will be a great way to shock your body! I started with 5 and 10lbs and now use 7.5 and 12.5lbs. I think that you can certainly start with your 3 and 5lbs but should get a set of 10lbs for your heavier set.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 05:54 PM  
Saffie J

Hi, I have Peak Strength and love it (I don't have the cardio one to compare). I use 2kg weights (probably around 4.5lbs) which is all I have and they were great starting out, although I do notice now that I will need to invest in heavier weights to get a better workout. But for starting out, your weights should be fine and work up to heavier ones once you've learnt the moves.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 03:47 PM  
marymc

Thanks for all your advice! I'm going to add some Michelle to my collection. It will be my first experience with her, which I think is always fun.
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 09:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I'm glad to see your post here because I have some crow to eat! I haven't worked out much in the last couple of weeks due to surgery, but I did her Peak Fit Pure Strength this morning and I had a tough time getting through it with the weights I mentioned in my earlier post. And, I did note that Michelle said start at whatever weight you can manage, but she definitely does encourage you to push yourself to heavier weights. FWIW! Enjoy the workout! She works you good!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10, peak 10 cardio strength