Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-11, 01:41 PM  
bee1forfitness

Why Didn't You Like Michelle Dozois' Peak 10 Peak 10 ???

Seems almost everyone liked Like Michelle Dozois' Peak 10 both Cardio and Strength...I'm a little surprised because of all the high impact....but I'm sure not everyone like these. May I hear from the dissenters???
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:55 PM  
Susanq

Being honest, I didn't really like Michelle's two Peak 10 dvds, I loved all of Michelle's dvds from my best body breakthrough series but the peak 10 dvds just didn't do it for me. I ended up trading the two of them.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:11 PM  
jessicavi

You know I was looking at clips of Peak 10 and wondering if I'd like them too. I recently got the Body Breakthru set and I see a lot lower impact in it than Peak 10 and was just wondering if that would turn me off. I liked that I didn't feel like I was dying by the end of the Breakthru workouts but I still felt nicely worked out. I liked the bands. It made the workout not seem so much like the FIRM (which I like but sometimes it's good to have a little variety).

So, I'd like to know how was Peak 10 different from Body Breakthru?
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:13 PM  
Susanq

I preferred Your best body breakthrough because I liked the way there was a separate strength dvd, cardio dvd and a circuit dvd. Whereas in Peak 10 both dvds have cardio in them. I just didn't really like the build up to the peak in both dvds. I'm hoping Michelle Peak Challenge dvds will be better because I usually like her dvds.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:14 PM  
Diana3271

I didn't like Peak 10 Cardio because of the impact. I still do the workout now and again, though. Turbo Fire has really spoiled me. You can have high intensity without all the impact. In Peak 10 I have to do at least some of the impact in order to feel that I got a good workout in.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:44 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Too much impact. On the strength one, there was no warmup. No modifier option for the high impact.
Old 02-17-11, 03:07 PM  
violingal3

I had both and sold them. It was my first experience with Michelle and I thought she was ok. Too many backgrounded exercisers, too. I liked the cardio better than the strength, but it seemed like once you completed a series on the right, you had to do it all again on the left. It just seemed like it took forever to move on to the next bit! The strength workout just never seemed to work my muscles, it just seemed like I worked a little of everything and nothing to show for it at the end. Does that make sense?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 03:17 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It was too high impact for me. Also it had to many kickboxy moves for my taste since I don't like kickboxing. Just not my style at all.
Old 02-17-11, 03:23 PM  
MM-Om

I did not like the cardio strenght at all- too much impact, too fast and Michelle was too hyper. I have yet to try the Cardio Interval Burn, it looked somewhat better on the preview.
Old 02-17-11, 03:25 PM  
Irisg1

I definitely do not like the Strength one. The cardio I've done a couple times and don't want to give up on it yet, but something about it just seems like a draggy kind of workout. Every time I read reviews about the Peak 10's, I say to myself, I have to try it again, but somehow I'm just never drawn to either.

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10, peak 10 cardio strength, your body breakthru