Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-10, 06:53 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I burn less than all of you. A lot less.
Old 09-14-10, 07:11 PM  
magmolmacmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
I did both Cardio Interval Burn and Cardio strength and loved both of them. So glad that I pre-ordered the Peak 10 series-- I can easily say that it's one of the best pruchases I made this year!

The Cardio Strength is certainly more intense than KSM Circuit, and the Cardio one is probably comparable to Cathe's CCC. Also, as I am currently doing an Insanity rotation, I cannot help but to compare this set to Insanity. It's is not as tough as Insanity, but more doable and has a more friendly vibe. And as much as I enjoy the"high" feeling after completing an Insanity workout, I wouldn't say that I really look forward to seeing Shaun T every morning. However, after doing Michelle's Peak 10, I am so much looking forward to working out with her again!
I totally agree with your thoughts!
Old 09-14-10, 07:14 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
The Cardio Strength is certainly more intense than KSM Circuit, and the Cardio one is probably comparable to Cathe's CCC. Also, as I am currently doing an Insanity rotation, I cannot help but to compare this set to Insanity. It's is not as tough as Insanity, but more doable and has a more friendly vibe. And as much as I enjoy the"high" feeling after completing an Insanity workout, I wouldn't say that I really look forward to seeing Shaun T every morning. However, after doing Michelle's Peak 10, I am so much looking forward to working out with her again!
I'm SO happy to hear this! I'm in Month 2 of Insanity and really not enjoying doing the workouts so often. I like them all but it's hard to motivate myself to get into them. In contrast, I love Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit- it's probably one of my fav workouts EVER. I've been dying to find a workout that's like it. I might have to invest in these.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 07:17 PM  
neatski

Btw, question: how much squatting and lunging is there in this one? I don't mind plyometrics, but strength training with squats and lunges tends to build a lot of muscle in my legs (which I don't want).

Old 09-14-10, 07:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I'm SO happy to hear this! I'm in Month 2 of Insanity and really not enjoying doing the workouts so often. I like them all but it's hard to motivate myself to get into them.
This is the problem I find in general with Beachbody's products and why I avoid their sets. Their rotations are so long (12 weeks) and I get mighty tired of seeing the same face in (more or less) the same workout every day.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 07:37 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
I did Peak 10 Cardio Strength today also - WOW!!! that was tough.

I almost stopped after the 30 minute point (3 of 5 cycles) but Michelle says something re: they've been doing it for 8 weeks now...I'm glad I continued - the last cardio section wasn't nearly as hard.

I got confused on the 3 sets of mountain climbers then the jump to the side (hands)...I kept doing those jumps .... she says another set...(I didn't realize that the jump set was just 4 - and I'm doing 12 by now - and dying.... it's tough when the mountain climbers are recovery...lol

I thought the wt section was pretty much Michelle's trademark...although I used lighter wts here than her other DVDS.

I found the workout much tougher than Kelly's Circuit Burn.

Kathy, How many calories do you burn doing the full premix on Kelly's Circuit Burn?

Is anyone going to try an at home Peak 10 rotation? That was my plan, but I don't know if I'm ready... I still have to try the cardio one.
What would an at home Peak 10 rotation look like? Is there an official rotation? As much as I love these (I'm assuming on preview I'll enjoy strength), I don't think I could do the same two workouts for 8 weeks.
Old 09-14-10, 07:46 PM  
Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Btw, question: how much squatting and lunging is there in this one? I don't mind plyometrics, but strength training with squats and lunges tends to build a lot of muscle in my legs (which I don't want).
Not so much as I recall. There may be a few squats but not tons of them. I think there are several sets of lunges in two of the strength sections and maybe some atomic lunges for the cardio, but the reps are tolerable, IMO. Will need to go back and check again though.
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 07:53 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is the problem I find in general with Beachbody's products and why I avoid their sets. Their rotations are so long (12 weeks) and I get mighty tired of seeing the same face in (more or less) the same workout every day.
Definitely, I've stuck with Insanity longer than I've ever stuck with one system, but I'm ready to stop doing it. It's not the high intensity, it's the fact that it's the SAME intensity over and over and over...

Old 09-14-10, 08:19 PM  
workoutqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
What would an at home Peak 10 rotation look like? Is there an official rotation? As much as I love these (I'm assuming on preview I'll enjoy strength), I don't think I could do the same two workouts for 8 weeks.
Good evening ladies,

I asked Michelle this question on her Facebook page. I wanted to know if a rotation would be included with the two DVDs. She said that there was a plan to shoot a larger series and incorporate a full rotation. She suggested that for now, to do Cardio Strength twice a week and Cardio Interval Burn once a week. She said this was the main formula that was used in her test group! I received the DVDs on Saturday and I can't wait to do them. I'm nursing an injury right now but I hope try them out in the next few days. They look like fun!

HTH,
Katrina
workoutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 08:22 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutqueen View Post
Good evening ladies,

I asked Michelle this question on her Facebook page. I wanted to know if a rotation would be included with the two DVDs. She said that there was a plan to shoot a larger series and incorporate a full rotation. She suggested that for now, to do Cardio Strength twice a week and Cardio Interval Burn once a week. She said this was the main formula that was used in her test group! I received the DVDs on Saturday and I can't wait to do them. I'm nursing an injury right now but I hope try them out in the next few days. They look like fun!

HTH,
Katrina
This is great news! I'm so excited to know she is planning to shoot more peak 10's! Woo hoo!!!

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10, peak 10 cardio strength