Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-19, 04:15 AM  
Gams

Jessica Smith Get Strong

I love Jessica and her workouts, but yesterday I was doing the Stepping Strength workout from this DVD and with about 27 minutes left there is a song that comes on that drives me nuts. I usually don’t pay any attention to the music other than whether I think it’s good or not so good, but this one song grates on my every nerve. Oh well, it will be out of my brain in a day or so - until the next time.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-19, 07:32 AM  
bubbles76

Haha! I just did Stepping Strength this week, but couldn't think of any songs out of the ordinary. I'll have to replay it just to see which song drives you nuts haha!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 05:04 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Me too, I just did this one last week. Now I want to go back and listen to the music again I think I tune it out most of the time...

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 05:10 PM  
Gams

Every time it starts I think I should call a doctor and see if they can help that singer who is in obvious distress. 😁
Old 09-12-23, 05:32 PM  
Gams

I did this workout again today. Time has not softened my dislike for that song, but I do like the workout. I don’t understand, though, why Jessica would have us use our lightest weights for bicep curls.
Old 09-13-23, 05:25 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Every time it starts I think I should call a doctor and see if they can help that singer who is in obvious distress. 😁
I went and searched. Now I'll be thinking of you whenever I do this workout . Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-13-23, 10:12 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
I did this workout again today. Time has not softened my dislike for that song, but I do like the workout. I don’t understand, though, why Jessica would have us use our lightest weights for bicep curls.
I hadn’t noticed, I don’t think she usually does that. She also uses heavier weights for overhead moves, and I usually use lighter. But I’ve noticed other instructors doing the same.
Old 09-13-23, 04:16 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
LOL! I do this workout on a regular basis because I'm doing Get Strong right now and never even noticed the music, so I went back just now to listen to it and I agree it's not great. As for the bicep curls, I think Jessica has us using the lightest weights because it is a high number of reps. I counted 18. I sometimes pause the video and use a heavier weight.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, music