Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-19, 12:44 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I think it depends on the yoga focus for the day. Today's was Strength in Stillness and it was challenging to hold longer poses and balance, too. I'm very happy to add more yoga/stretch into my life, and it's much needed.

Jessica probably eased up on the rotation somewhat realizing people are busy with family activities during the Summer months. Also, she's made the rotation very flexible so you can choose what you want to do on the alternate strength days, if you want. Adding more walking, yoga or whatever.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 07:16 PM  
donnamp

Usually, Jessica's rotations have 6 scheduled days with a day off. Many times she will identify the 6th day as optional. She mixes it up, too, so some day are traditional strength, some days fusion, some days cardio, some days stretching, yoga, etc.

I really like all the variety - I think it helps keep your body injury free.

I think she designed this rotation to be more flexible (so you spend less time "exercising") with the idea that you will naturally be more active in the summer.

Jessica seems to be pretty big on "movement" as opposed to formal exercise which makes sense, sometimes it is just easier to get a few ten min walks in during the day than try to find time for an hour long session.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 05:44 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Looks great!! Missed the start date but seems easy to pick up whenever. I'm glad there are two days off since I've been so busy and my schedule's been erratic anyway.

ETA - Going to schedule my rest days on Mondays & Fridays and keep everything flexible.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 05:45 AM  
donnamp

I like that there are only five "scheduled" days, too -it makes it easier when life gets busy. I missed upper body yesterday but will double up today...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith