Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-18, 12:09 PM  
Rose

Lost my mind in the Margaret Richard sale- where to begin?

The title says it all. Except for walking, I've been off of exercise due to old injuries that are now healed. I wanted to start working with weights and Margaret Richard had a sale. Here's my stash:

*Unplugged 2000 Volumes 1-4
*Unplugged 1900 Volumes 3-4
*All My Best Volumes 1-4
*Beauty to the Bone
*Fitness Becomes You
*Getting Better w/Muscle and Grace
*Perfect 10

With weights, I'm at Beginner level so I'll take it slow for the first few weeks, maybe working out 3 times a week with Margaret Richard. Any advice on which one to start with?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 12:42 PM  
sbh

I too have acquired quite a few Margaret Richards. Any one of the titles that you mentioned would be fine. You don't have to use heavy weights. I recently was really tight on time, so I used her Unplugged 2000 series and did a workout each day (M-F) in the order that they on the dvd. I think each of the workouts on that series are about 25 minutes. That way I was working a different set of muscles each day. Start with light weights and if you need to modify how many reps, do so. That way you can slowly build up your strength and stamina.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 03:44 PM  
alisoncooks

I bought the Unplugged 2000s in the sale. I'm planning to just start with Volume 1 & work my way through, in order.

I've not been exercising, at all, for months and months. We've been going through some home renovations (DIY, so they're physically taxing), as well as DH's health issues (emotionally taxing). I'm finally at a place where I feel I can breathe and think about exercise again.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 03:46 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My modus operandi is to complete a disc of Unplugged, then a disc of another MR DVD, repeat.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 10:16 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Count me in this group. I bought 3 of the 2000 Unpluggeds. I also have Getting Better and 1 DVD of the 1900 Unplugged. I'm a beginner (perpetual restarter, actually) as well.

I've worked through my 1900 Unplugged volume a couple of times now. They have made me slightly sore, but not unreasonably so. I feel like they're effective but I can still function IRL so I think they're a good place to start.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 03:48 PM  
Rose

Thanks for the advice! I decided to start with the 2000 Unplugged series, doing the first workout yesterday and the second one today. It's Perfect for my needs. Short and quick, easy on the joints and mellow. And I got a good workout! After finishing the day's workout, I wanted to keep exercising but that's where I've injured myself in the past- more for me does not equal better. The way the series is set up will keep me on track with doing what is beneficial to my body.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 03:00 PM  
rhbrand

I should have never opened this lol.

I remember working out with her when our local PBS station had her on. MIght have to pick up a couple of hers for old times sake as I'm enjoying "vintage" stuff much more.
Old 05-06-18, 04:06 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I should have never opened this lol.

I remember working out with her when our local PBS station had her on. MIght have to pick up a couple of hers for old times sake as I'm enjoying "vintage" stuff much more.
Right now she has 50% off her DVDs until they are gone. I would suspect she is clearing out. I am still debating if I want back ups for the 4 DVDs I have of hers. I plan to be exercising with her for years to come.

So, if you are thinking about it, now might be a good time to pounce.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard