Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-18, 07:37 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Thank you to all the Margaret Richard enablers

I've been wanting to try Margaret for literally years, but hadn't for one reason or another. I recently ordered one of the Unplugged series and I love it/her.

The odd thing is that her warm-ups are weak, her cool-downs aren't inspired, and some of her moves are downright goofy. But when she nails it, which is often, she kicks your booty all over the room and, as Alta so often points out, she does it with a smile. There is no dread factor with her.

I finally get the Margaret love and I'm going to order more. Thanks, y'all!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 08:03 PM  
OSusanna

Yay! That’s me, the enabler. I’ve done 50+ Margaret Richard workouts so far this year and most of them were from the Unplugged series. I’m finishing up the 2000 series this week. Margaret is really an inspiration to me these days as I’m working more toward functional fitness rather than losing weight. I just came from the physical therapist for an SI joint problem and the exercises I did today were very Margaret-Esqe.

Concerning the warm ups and cool downs, yesterday during the cool down I remember thinking that it just looks like light movement but when I really put muscle activation into her moves I get a real stretch. She makes it all look so easy.

I hope you continue to enjoy.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 09:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I love some of her warm-ups. It seems like most of the time she's just "feeling the moment" and I wish she had cued her warm-ups a little more because I like the dance-y feel, but she loses me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 02:51 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I'm afraid my comments about her warm-ups and cool-downs came across harsher than I intended.

Pat58 I think it's the "danciness" that loses me. I don't have any dancing ability.

Susanna, I am trying to order the 2000 series, but I can't get the log-in to work. The site says the first 20 orders will get a personal phone call from Margaret. It's probably too late, but you gotta play to win, right!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 04:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I didn't read your comments as harsh, Deb. I've read a few times that people skip the warmups or do their own thing instead.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 06:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just discovered Margaret too, bought both Unplugged sets during her sale. I am really enjoying them! I like her warmups, they have some similarities to Essentrics warmups. I'm usually pretty warmed up doing cardio before I do her workouts anyway. I like that the workouts are short & work different muscle groups. I'm not a big fan of pure strength workouts, but these work well for me to combine with cardio, Essentrics, and others

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 05:29 PM  
OSusanna

Yeah Margaret is a bit dancey but the movements she does work for me. I can always understand why they wouldn’t though. We are all very different in what we expect from a workout.

I don’t know what I would say to her if I had the opportunity! Hope you get the chance Deb, and if you do, tell us about it! I would just want to say thank you maybe.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard