Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-14, 02:08 PM  
toomuchjoy

I've previewed a bunch of this set and I think I'm really going to like it. Hilary is encouraging, the set is bright and the workouts appear to be at the level I need right now.

I generally start too hard and fast and end up quitting a week or two in. I can see sticking to this program format. I did the first disc Total Body Toning and got a good but quick workout. I am out of shape and can understand that people in good shape would feel it was not enough. I'm going to follow the 5 day a week rotation I got from Melonie. I did order from Mary though...strong loyalty to that lady!

Thanks once again to all. Hopefully this puts me on the road to health.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 08:11 AM  
toomuchjoy

Resurrecting this old thread of mine.

I did get Fe Fit. Ended up losing my mom a few days after that last Apr post. Then I started a new job. Then we bought a house. Then I lost my dad in Sep. Needless to say I'm still 50 pounds overweight.

I have a friend that will loan me P90X3. I'm thinking I will try that and focus on building muscle and eating clean. I can't keep going the way I'm going or I will be 75 pounds overweight before I know it.

Not sure what my point is....but thought it was interesting as I was mulling these 3 systems over in my head earlier this week and felt a deja vu of sorts. People did like P90X3? Good results? I'm excited about the 30 min timeframe.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 08:31 AM  
clerkin11

I don't have either of those systems, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for all of your losses and changes this year. Those are all incredibly stressful things to go through and to have them all happen in such a short time frame is a lot to deal with.
Whatever you choose to do, I hope you do it with lots of love for yourself as you go through your grieving.
I find exercise is a great way to release pent up emotions in my body and I find it very therapeutic. When I lost my MIL (that was the first parent we lost and now we only have my mom left), I would work out and cry at the same time. I hope you get some comfort from your workouts as well, but I think the most important thing is to be super kind to yourself and do whatever you want to do (at least for a while). Don't put any extra pressure on yourself right now.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 08:39 AM  
andtckrtoo

I have 21 Day Challenge and P90X3. I view P90X3 as one of the best fitness purchases I have ever made. It's a beautiful, well rounded program with a lot of variety. He has beginner mods in every workout.

So sorry to hear about your mom and dad! My heart goes out to you.
Old 11-21-14, 08:40 AM  
Demeris

Oh, Toomuchjoy, my prayers go out for you and your family.

I have nothing to offer regarding your question about these sets, but I would encourage you to be gentle with yourself. I would recommend walking. Take some walks while you consider the different sets.

Be kind to yourself as your body heals from the emotional trauma and as you grieve.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 11:10 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

My condolences to you and your family. That is a lot to lose both of your parents so soon. Be kind to yourself and I agree about not putting too much pressure on yourself to lose. I think walking and yoga/stretching would be really good for your mind and body.
Old 11-21-14, 01:02 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry about your losses. I think you have had more stress in the last year than most people have in 5, many healing vibes to you.

Have you thought about trying the new P90? The revamped version?
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 10:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

So sorry to hear about the passing of both of your parents in such a short time! No one is ever really prepared for the death of a loved one, and that's just terrible to have to deal with two times over!

My condolences to you, also!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-14, 11:12 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Wow that is so much to deal with. I am sorry for the loss of your parents. No matter how old we are it's a big deal. Sounds like you are ready to workout again. I don't have the systems you mention, but I have the new P90 and am enjoying it. It's my first Tony Horton workout. I think you can modify P90x3. Those workouts look like they might be fun. Borrow it. If you dont like it, go back to Fe Fit. But it might get you started.

Edited to add modify, modify, modify!
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 07:19 PM  
lorajc

Reviviving an old thread warning.........

I'm starting 21 day fix and now thinking of adding in Fe Fit for variety. I'm using the containers. I have an extra set of containers I ended up with that I'm putting up on eBay if anyone is interested.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, fe fit, p90x3