Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-14, 07:44 AM  
lesia

BJ Gaddour workouts?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I'm curious about BJ Gaddour's workouts. I have DeltaFit, but does anyone have a list of his other workouts?

TIA
Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 09:47 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I have Delta Fit, 10 Minute Torchers, Bodyweight Cardio Burners, & Bodyweight Muscle Burners. I've had Delta Fit for a while and really enjoy the workouts and BJ. I was previewing Cardio Burners yesterday and a couple of times BJ made me laugh out loud. I always get a kick out of some of the things he says.

As far as other DVD workouts by him there is hotel series (I'm forgetting the exact name) that I'm not sure is still available.

Chomper wrote a breakdown of each of the Cardio Burner workouts in another thread. She's another fan and may have more information on his other workouts.

ETA: The name of his hotel room workout series is Heartrate Hotel. It's a 12 DVD set of 59 workouts that can be done in a small space with limited equipment. The cost is a bit high ($149.95) but it seems like you get A LOT of content.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 09:59 AM  
lesia

Thanks! I really want to order 10 Minute Torchers + the other 2 dvd sets. I did DeltaFit for a few weeks and then got distracted, but right now they seem perfect for me.

Lesia
Old 05-25-14, 10:11 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Rodale has a discount code for the workouts. Use CUSTOMER25 to get 25% off the total of your order.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 11:51 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I have Delta Fit, 10 Minute Torchers, Bodyweight Cardio Burners, & Bodyweight Muscle Burners. I've had Delta Fit for a while and really enjoy the workouts and BJ. I was previewing Cardio Burners yesterday and a couple of times BJ made new laugh out loud. I always get a kick out of some of the things he says.

As far as other DVD workouts by him there is hotel series (I'm forgetting the exact name) that I'm not sure is still available.

Chomper wrote a breakdown of each of the Cardio Burner workouts in another thread. She's another fan and may have more information on his other workouts.
BJ is hilarious to me!

I'm going to put up breakdowns of the Muscle Burners in a few days. I'm about to order a wall-mounted pull up bar, because I know it will drive me crazy to not be able to do the pull up exercises. (Although right now, I am probably only going to be able to do a dead hang from it!) I've wanted a pull up bar for a long time.

10 Minute Torchers is definitely along the same Delta Fit lines, but it's nice to pick and choose 10 minute sections and make your workout any length you want. I put up a pretty thorough review in the Reviews section, if you're interested.

From my previews of the 2 Bodyweight Burner sets (Cardio and Muscle), they are still classic BJ Gaddour. To get the most out of the Muscle set, you'd probably want some way to do inverted rows and pull-ups.

I think the earliest set is Heartbreak Hotel? I don't have it, but it's workouts you can do in a hotel room while traveling.

Eventually I am going to have to sign up for his streaming workout service Streamfit. I am such a dvd lover, but it might be fun to do a month of Streamfit sometime. I am pretty sure all his Men's Health dvds are available to subscribers of Streamfit.

https://www.streamfit.com/
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 02:55 PM  
lesia

Thanks to the both of you!

I just finished DeltaFit "Ultimate Bootcamp" and I'm in total love. When BJ intros the workout he says 20 sec work/40 sec rest, I'm all What is this???
Well after 2 rounds of 12 exercises BAM! take a minute rest and then he changed it to 40 sec work/20 sec rest...2 rounds of 12 exercises and I'm sweating like a racehorse.

5 min. after the workout and I'm still reaching for my towel.

BJ Gaddour love! I've had DeltaFit for a while, but never ventured into the other workouts in the package. I'm definitely going to have to get 10 min Torchers and his other dvd packages.

I tried StreamFit for a month about a year ago, but didn't have the cables and equipment to make it work on my big screen TV. Now I do. I think I'm going to splurge on it.

Lesia

Tags
bj gaddour