Pie
VF Supporter

I'm slowly caving..................

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 10:58 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I think Peak 10 Cardio may be just what I'm looking for. One question - does it have premixes? I saw on Collage that it's 65 minutes long, and I just don't have 65 minutes these days.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 12:17 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I think Peak 10 Cardio may be just what I'm looking for. One question - does it have premixes? I saw on Collage that it's 65 minutes long, and I just don't have 65 minutes these days.
I had the same concern about the length of the workouts but ordered them anyways. I have not had a chance to try them yet, trying to figure out when I can fit them in. Will probably try both of them between tomorrow and the weekend.

They don't have premixes.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 12:35 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
You can stop after any one of the Peaks. there are 5 peaks. For example this week I knew I couldn't do the whole workout so I did warmup, peak 1, 2, 3 and then c/d, stretch.

I think somewhere Michelle mentions going slowly and do what you can. I like the cardio workout, strength is harder I think and I have only attempted it once.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 01:27 PM  
jenn38

I have only done 1/2 of peak cardio. I really liked it. I think she mentions something in the intro about cutting out some if you need to make your workout shorter. She also mentions to always do the warm up and cool down though. I still have to try peak strength.
Old 11-11-10, 01:35 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone. You've talked me into it. It looks like if you do the warm up, 3 peaks, and the cool down it would be around 45 minutes. Perfect. In the scheme of things, I know 20 minutes isn't a lot, but it sure seems that way.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 05:07 PM  
turbo1

Reviving this thread to say I really like the Peak 10s. I like the cardio interval format. I didn't mind that each peak is done twice. They go by so fast! I also like that I can do the peaks in any sequence I like just to change them up a bit. The last time I did this DVD, instead of clicking on full workout, I clicked on the warmup and it goes right back to the play list, I did peak 5, after that peak, it went right back to the play list, so then I did peak 3, and so on. It was fun to jump around like that. I"ve done this DVD several times now and really enjoy it. I caved and bought cardio strength and did it on Monday. I really like it too! I waited a long time before buying because when I watched the clips I was worried that the pace of the wt training might be faster than I like, but I kept watching clips and reading reviews and decided to buy it and I'm so glad I did!
Old 12-29-10, 05:36 PM  
RachelleS

I like how she makes #5 the most fun so just when I think I am going to quit (because I hate long workouts these days), I start five anyway and finish on a really fun note. Fun as in hard fun - you don't find that kind very often.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10