Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-11, 06:30 AM  
Missiscipi

Glad you like it! Day 16 was yesterday and I did S&A and found I was much more graceful, a bit quicker and knew the moves so I could keep up with them and didn't have to rearrange that ladder anymore
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 09:18 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Ace - my experience was similar to yours. I did Speed and Agility for a second time this week and it went much smoother! The other workouts are not as agility focused and will not be quite as challenging in the footwork way (but will be in other ways).

By the way, I just pulled the rope through the handles to get it to the length I wanted and put a knot in place to hold it. The ends still stick out, but I can ignore them.

Happy Birthday!
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 09:04 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post

By the way, I just pulled the rope through the handles to get it to the length I wanted and put a knot in place to hold it. The ends still stick out, but I can ignore them.
You don't even need to knot it - you can move the plastic thing that keeps it from coming out of the handles. I'll probably cut the excess off once I decide I have it at the right length.
Old 05-01-11, 09:12 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj999 View Post
You don't even need to knot it - you can move the plastic thing that keeps it from coming out of the handles. I'll probably cut the excess off once I decide I have it at the right length.
Ya know, I tried to move it and it didn't move easily. I'll have to give it another look. I would prefer to cut it. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-01-11, 11:08 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Ya know, I tried to move it and it didn't move easily. I'll have to give it another look. I would prefer to cut it. Thanks for posting.
Hi Sancho,

If you pop off the small black end cap, the other piece of plastic will slide down the rope. I think you have to squeeze it to get it to slide. Then you can cut it.

I LOVE this jump rope! Thanks to Shaun T's tips on how to jump rope, I can finally do it without double hopping & I can do 30 jumps at a time before I screw up (my previous record was about 3....)

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 11:44 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Hi Sancho,

If you pop off the small black end cap, the other piece of plastic will slide down the rope. I think you have to squeeze it to get it to slide. Then you can cut it.

I LOVE this jump rope! Thanks to Shaun T's tips on how to jump rope, I can finally do it without double hopping & I can do 30 jumps at a time before I screw up (my previous record was about 3....)

Joan
Thanks. This worked for me. Now that I know the cap is supposed to move, I tried harder and was successful.

I'm getting better at the jumping but still can't do the double jumps or the criss cross jumps. It's okay, I really like having something to work on. Maybe this will get me good enough that I'll be able to do the other jumprope dvd I have.
Old 05-01-11, 06:22 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I received my set yesterday and did Speed and Agility this morning. I have two words...bear crawls. Who'da thunk, and why did it take someone so long to put them in a home workout DVD?

So far I like this set a lot better than Insanity. I'm really glad the moves aren't repeated circuit style. The way the in and out abs are done with the agility ladder make them easier for me. I don't think I'll ever make it up to level 3 though. I love the agility ladder. My workout room has a hardwood floor, so I used masking tape on the ends of my ladder since any slight touch with my foot sent it flying. I used my Buddy Lee jumprope.

I previewed Vertical Plyo and Game Day. Both look great.

A-Jock - have you thought about doing a leg circuit with Vertical Plyo? I think the moves really lend themselves to incorporating weight work pre-plyo-specific drill. Once I'm more familiar with this workout, I'm going to see what I can figure out.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 06:51 PM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Hi Sancho,

Joan
Where are the jump rope tips?? I totally missed that. I'm a klutz with the jump rope. (Yes, I figured out how to adjust the length, but haven't figured out how to jump with it).
Old 05-01-11, 07:37 PM  
acescholar

Sancho, and others: Thanks for all the tips on the jump rope -- I was able to shorten it, and I did the first set of jump roping. I slid the plastic thing and tied a knot at the end of the handle, but I did have trouble with the rope twisting and curling up (couldn't get it to stay straight) so I went back to my hand weights and pretend jumping. It's definitely a lot harder with the rope, so I'm going to try and hang the rope and see if that helps it stay straight -- and I'll watch the jump rope tips!

I did Vertical Plyo today and l like this even better than Speed & Agility. It's hard but very fun -- and, I sure have a lot of room to grow! I did better on the long jump than I thought (cleared three rungs easily but can't do four), but I was really weak on the lateral jump (hit the ladder every time and I had it folded to three rungs).

Shaun T keeps saying if you hit the ladder you have to do 20 push-ups, but I was thinking 20 push-ups would be a relief over the actual move! Still, if I did 20 push-ups every time I hit the ladder I would be doing push-ups for the whole workout!

Boy, the band work was tough! Especially when he had you use bands on both arms and legs. I think normal tucks are going to feel easy after doing so many with a band!! I'm going to have to find my yellow BBL band, however; I found the back work really hard with the green band. And I'm not sure I got the push-ups with double bands right (I have to admit, these look really funny).

I actually thought the number of tuck jumps was fine -- for the most part, they were done very controlled. I still can't get as high as I'd like, but I do feel them in the core.

I am going to try the rotation -- although I can't imagine getting through Game Day plus Overtime!

I'm still very glad I got this set!!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 08:47 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj999 View Post
Where are the jump rope tips?? I totally missed that. I'm a klutz with the jump rope. (Yes, I figured out how to adjust the length, but haven't figured out how to jump with it).
They are on the main menu on Speed & Agility. At the bottom of the menu page. It's only about 5 min. long, but he explains where to position your hands (10 & 2 o'clock) & to keep w/ your palms up. He goes thru other stuff too that was helpful to me. He has a separate section on using the ladder for drills.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asylum, shaun t